So. many of you know I looooovvvveeee potatoes. Let's face it, they are just so versatile and yummy no matter how you cook them. Sometimes I love them more than cake. Yep, it's true.
Anyway, as a mom, I've always tried to make eating fun, not all the time, but more than not I suppose. And it really doesn't take much effort to expose your kids to different flavors, seasonings and tastes. Even though my kids are older now, I still like to mess around with side dishes and make them, you know, "kid friendly".
One of my favorite side dishes to jazz up are baby potatoes. I roast them in the oven and then make them taste like pizza. It's a guarantee they will disappear from the dinner table. And I am not left with a bunch of leftovers I will devour.
I love these tiny little potatoes and get them in all three colors when I can. However, you can use any color you like or whatever is available. Just make sure they are small. If for whatever reason you cannot find the baby potatoes, use a little bit larger size and cut into quarters.
I drizzle the potatoes with olive oil right on the baking pan and mix my seasonings in too. Why dirty another bowl if you don't need to? I also spray my aluminum foil with cooking spray for insurance purposes. Since I add cheese I don't want them sticking to the pan.
Along with the pizza seasoning and cheese, I mix in a heaping 1/4 cup of mini pepperoni. The potatoes are so hot right out of the oven, you just stir the pepperoni right in and ta-da, it's ready to be served..
Aren't they pretty?
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, any color, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- heaping 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Add potatoes and drizzle olive oil right on potatoes, followed by pizza seasoning, salt and cheese. Use your hands to completely coat your potatoes well with the mixture.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Remove when potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and immediately add mini pepperoni, stirring with a wooden spoon. Serve right away.
This is a true winner at my house. Give it a go and let me know how you like it.
More versions of Pizza Potatoes you might like:
Pizza Potato Skins
Pizza Stuffed Potatoes
Crockpot Pizza Potatoes
Two Years Ago: Mini Lemon-Thyme Bundt Cakes
Four Years Ago: Maple-Glazed Apple Chicken Sausage Bites
Five Years Ago: Chai Ice Cream Syrup
Six Years Ago: Going Coastal