I wait all year for watermelon and then eat it with reckless abandon every chance I get. I love buying the small, seedless varieties, they are so easy to cut up and enjoy. I can't believe how sweet the ones I have already tasted are....so far a good crop!
Anyway, if you have never experienced watermelon with something a little salty and a little oniony, it's about time you do. It's by far my favorite way to eat watermelon. And it's totally addictive. You will enjoy it all summer and crave it all winter.
You must experience this to understand what I am talking about. You can thank me later!! Believe me when I tell you how surprising and wonderful the flavors are when they come together.
Incredible Watermelon Salad
- 8 cups Cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 small Red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup Slivered almonds
- 1 cup Spring salad mix
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- Watermelon slices for serving
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add almonds and salad mix to the watermelon mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and vinegar together and drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve over sliced watermelon and sprinkle with cheese.
Other Watermelon Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Spicy Watermelon and Avocado Salad ~ Love and Lemons
Watermelon Salad with Mint ~ Oh Sweet Basil
Honey Grilled Watermelon Caprese Salad ~ How Sweet It Is
Strawberry Watermelon and Feta Salad ~ FoodieCrush
Three Years Ago: Lemon-Blackberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
Four Years Ago: Shrimp Rockefeller Stuffed Mushrooms with Parmesan Crumbs