Happy St. Patrick's Day! This isn't a St. Patrick's Day recipe, but it would sure go well with some beer. If you are looking for something Irish, check out our St. Patrick's Day roundup here.
I had a nice couple in the tasting room last weekend. We talked about wine, life, the economy and then the conversation turned to food. Imagine that.
They had all kinds of good recipes and sauces they enjoy making. I was furiously scribbling on my yellow pad all the different things they make while making up recipes of my own with their ideas. Needless to say we had a good time. A great time.
One of the recipes they shared was a version of this salsa. They said they went to a party one time and someone brought a salsa made with grapes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. They said they loved it and make it all the time.
I was of course intrigued and had to whip up my own version. It's so good and is definitely perfect for the tomato-haters out there...I know there are lots of you.
This would be really good in a fish taco but it's perfect with tortilla chips! Enjoy it.
Thanks awesome couple for sharing your ideas with me...I wish I knew your names!
Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa
Feeds a crowd
2 pounds red seedless grapes, each grape quartered (this is time consuming)
1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and diced
1/2 a small red onion, coarsely chopped (don't overdo it)
One whole bunch of cilantro
Juice of one lime
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Quarter grapes and place them in a large bowl. Seed and devein jalapeno and dice into small pieces, add to grape bowl. Coarsely chop red onion and place in a food processor. Add a whole bunch of cilantro (minus the stems) to the food processor as well. Pulse until you have a red onion-cilantro paste. You will have to scrape down the sides a couple of times. Add to grape-jalapeno mixture.
Add lime juice, beans, corn, vinegar and salt to grape mixture. Mix well.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Three Years Ago: Glowing Geckoes
Noble Pig Hoodies$38.00
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- I want them all! Chocolate Peanut Butter #Cookies https://t.co/oFv3h7LvU9 via @Buns_In_My_Oven https://t.co/5OpgMOc1Vb, 5 hours ago
- Why does the power only go out when it's dark? @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/ufNz3KBWiq, 16 hours ago
- Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies https://t.co/hkE31T5x64 #NationalBrownieDay https://t.co/TF4frt92wr, 19 hours ago
- #snowmageddon2016 in #Mcminnville #oregon. We love our red barns out here. https://t.co/zMG6ruNhDr, 20 hours ago
- Lots of snow in #McMinnville today. #snowmageddon2016 #oregon https://t.co/IC9NGGTd1l, 20 hours ago