Save the plain ketchup for the kids and make the Best Tater Tot Dipping Sauce for those with a more mature palette. If you prefer a little spicy heat, this tot dipping sauce is for you.
The Best Tator Tot Sauce For Dipping Recipe
If you’ve recently packed your freezer full of tater tots, it’s time to get creative. Even if you like to make alternative tater tots, you might as well have something other than ketchup to dip them in.
How many of you serve tater tots for breakfast instead of hash browns? I actually prefer tater tots to hash browns even though they are basically the same, just a different shape. Dipping tots in ketchup was fine as a kid, but as an adult, I feel like something extra is warranted in the taste department. If I’m going to eat “kid food” I at least want a more grown-up sauce.
This dipping sauce allows you to add more or less of the ingredients you love, depending on how much heat you want it to have and it’s easy to adjust if it’s too spicy for you.
For the best tasting tater tots, deep frying them is key. They are so much crispier on the outside and have that perfect crunch.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How To Deep Fry Tater Tots
- If you have a deep fryer, you can skip the oven and fry perfectly browned tots. You can also use a large Dutch oven with a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the oil.
- Preheat the oil to 375 F.
- Remove frozen tater tots from the freezer.
- Fill the deep-fryer basket no more than halfway with tater tots and submerge them in the preheated oil. If you’re using a Dutch oven, do not overcrowd them in the pan. To fry a whole bag you will need to do this in batches.
- Fry the tater tots for three to four minutes or until golden brown.
- Lift the deep-fryer basket out of the hot oil and pour the tater tots into a bowl lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil or use a slotted spoon to remove tater tots from the oil if using a Dutch oven.
Tater Tot Dipping Sauce Ingredient List
- Sriracha sauce
- chipotle Tabasco
Get your tots in the deep fryer or the oven and enjoy this dipping sauce. Perfect for a night in front of the television.
The Best Tater Tot Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Can be made ahead and will last in the refrigerator for weeks.
- Sauce makes enough to serve with a 28 oz bag of tater tots.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.