Happy weekend everyone. I hope you are all having great weather and enjoying Spring. We are still having lots of rain and cloudy days. I’m kind of done with it to be honest. I have to admit I am a little envious of the flip-flop weather in many parts of the country. But this is what we sign up for in the Pacific Northwest so how can I complain?
I have used this sausage many times, you would have no idea it is lower in fat than regular Italian sausage. It’s great in pasta too.
This was my first time using Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. How handy is this? Pop it in the microwave standing up and in 90 seconds it was ready. I loved the fact that it has an edge that remains cool during cooking. No burning your fingers when removing from the microwave. There are several flavors but I used a mixture of white and brown Ready Rice for this recipe.
Before adding my sausage to the skillet I grilled them in my grill pan until they were almost done but still pink in the middle. This allowed me to cut them into cubes and finish the cooking process in my skillet.
Full of veggies and an Asian inspired sauce, this dish was as flavorful as you can get. Use fresh veggies already packaged and sliced in the salad section. The frozen stir-fry veggies are just too mushy..in my opinion.
Since the dish is spicy, you can tone it down by adding less chili garlic sauce and substituting with more water. We loved it as is!
Use chopsticks while enjoying this meal…it’s fun.
Spicy Italian Sausage Rice Bowl
- Cooking Spray
- 1 package (17 ounces) Johnsonville Mild Italian Pork & Chicken Sausage
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce
- 3 cups fresh stir-fry vegetables (find in the packaged salad section)
- 4 green onions, chopped, green parts only
- 2 packages (8.8 ounce) Uncle Ben's White Ready Rice
- 2 pacakges (8.8 ounce) Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium to low heat. Add sausages, heating up slowly and turning as necessary. Cook sausages until slightly pink but cooked enough to be able to cut them into cubes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, fish and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add peanut oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add chili garlic sauce and stir to incorporate; cook for about 1 minute. Add sausage, mix together until fully incorporated and continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and green onion, mixing together with the sausage. Add soy sauce mixture and continue sauteing and mixing until vegetables have reached desired doneness (if you need more liquid, just add some water).
- Serve in individual bowls over a mixture of white and brown Ready Rice.