I hope you all love taco dip like me (I already kind of know you do). It’s so addictive, which is part of the problem. Before you know it, you’ve gorged yourself on way more dip than you should have. I have experience with this! #streetcred
However, the beauty of this dip is, there will not be any sacrificing of flavor. None! It’s so packed with goodness with fewer calories, you finally get to have that extra margarita. You’re welcome. Just make sure you’re not the driver.
The key to making a skinny dip taste good, is packing the lower fat cream cheese and sour cream with very flavorful ingredients. This is where the green chiles, vinegar, jalapenos etc come into play. You really have no idea you are eating something less than.
Now, can you eat too much skinny dip….totally. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.
You can also make this dip using full fat ingredients, but I will leave that up to you. I will say it’s really not necessary.
This will be perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. Let me know how you like it.
Skinny Taco Dip
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz light sour cream (let sit out 30 minutes to warm up a bit)
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 4 oz can mild diced green chiles
- 4 oz can diced jalapenos
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped (depends on the size)
- 10-12 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup pickled, sliced jalapenos
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese, such as Sargento's brand
- 1 California avocado, halved, pitted and cubed
- In a large bowl, using a hand-mixer, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, taco sauce, green chiles, diced jalapenos, taco seasoning, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and table salt. Spread dip in a large rectangular pan (I used a 8.5 x 12). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours.
- When ready to serve, top dip with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, pickled jalapenos, cheese and avocados.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.