Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream is a deliciously creamy cherry ice cream and does not require making a custard. Just chill your ingredients before freezing in your ice cream maker and you will soon be enjoying your new favorite dessert.
Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
If there were ever an ice cream to make you feel like a kid again, this version of a cherry ice cream is it!
Just the color of this frozen treat, the perfect shade of petal pink, inducts memories of long past kid birthday parties and eating ice cream out of cute paper cups all while playing silly games.
The color is also reminiscent of those favorite circus animal cookies – dipped in a generous coating of pink or white icing, and showered with festive rainbow nonpareils.
Many have memories of enjoying this maraschino ice cream flavor on beach boardwalks or at favorite ice cream spots. It’s hard to find anyone who has a bad a memory of this delightful treat!
Ingredients for Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream
- sweetened condensed milk – using this means making a custard is not necessary, but you want to make sure it is very cold before adding to the ice cream freezer
- vanilla extract – use pure vanilla extract, it tastes so much better
- maraschino cherry juice – you can get one cup of juice from a 16 oz jar of cherries or two 8 oz jars of cherries
- maraschino cherries – chop each cherry into four equal parts
- heavy cream – find whipping cream that has the highest percentage of fat. It will often be labeled 36%. The higher the fat percentage, the better result you will have with solid ice cream
You can add each COLD ingredient to the ice cream freezer bowl separately or you can mix them all together and chill in the refrigerator until very cold.
How to Make Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream
Step one: Add all ingredients, except the chopped cherries, to a large bowl and place in the refrigerator until very cold (at least four hours).
Step two: Pour chilled ingredients into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Add chilled chopped cherries the last couple minutes of freezing.
Step three: Add ice cream to a container and freeze in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Step four: Serve in cones or bowls
The ice cream is sweet and yummy. And, if “pink” was a flavor, this is what it would taste like.
Do Maraschino Cherries Need To Be Refrigerated?
Only once opened.
Keep your unopened maraschino cherries in the pantry where temperatures are kept below 75 degrees F. Once the cherries are opened, reseal the jar and place in the refrigerator. If your cherries are in a tin can, once opened, transfer them to another sealed container before palcing them in the refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Favorite Ice Cream Makers
- If you love the nostalgic look of the ice cream maker used in this post, this old-fashioned looking ice cream maker is for you. This one can make a large amount of ice cream for a big group.
- This ice cream maker is modern and sleek looking and is big enough for this recipe.
- If you’re looking to splurge, this is the ice cream maker I would get.
- Make sure all ingredients are very cold before adding them to the ice cream freezer.
- Look for heavy cream with a high percentage of fat. They are often labeled 36% heavy cream.
- Make sure the container you are adding the finished ice cream to is also very cold.
Favorite Ice Cream Scoops
- This ice cream scoop is the best for scooping out hard ice cream.
- For the price, this ice cream scoop is a great alternative.
- The perfect old-fashioned ice cream scoop.
If serving in a bowl, definitely garnish with some extra maraschino cherries.
How pretty does that look?
Other Maraschino Cherry Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream
- Add all ingredients, except the chopped cherries, to a large bowl and place in the refrigerator until very cold (at least four hours).
- Pour chilled ingredients into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Add chilled chopped cherries the last couple minutes of freezing.
- Add ice cream to a container and freeze in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Serve in cones or bowls.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.