Being of Polish descent I grew up eating kielbasa. I still love it, especially when it includes a nice
little char from the grill. However, what’s nice about this recipe is that kids love it too. The apples,
peppers and sausage receive a nice sweet-glaze, making this recipe very “family-friendly” and
so simple to put together.
I have to admit, we have an indoor grill so it makes it very easy to grill up things like this in the middle
of winter…yes, it was snowing this morning. I have truly forgotton what it’s like to live in Southern
California where it’s sunny almost all of the time. It’s almost as if it has been erased from my memory
banks. Oh well, life is good in Oregon too, just in a different way.
Enjoy this one, the family is going to love it.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1-1/2" pieces
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage, apples and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over indirect heat for 8 minutes or until heated through, turning and brushing with glaze occasionally.
Other Kebab Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Chicken, Nectarine and Red Onion Kebabs ~ Noble Pig
Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers ~ FoodieCrush
Lemon-Garlic Lamb Kebabs ~ Recipe Girl
Grilled Sriracha Honey Mustard Beef Kebabs ~ A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Sausage and Pepper Skewers ~ Two Peas & Their Pod