Who doesn’t love a good dip?! And since it’s what I officially call “dip season”, why not enjoy the heck out of it. Dip is what we all get together for anyway. It’s what makes football what it is. Doesn’t it? Maybe I’m misinformed.
This particular Fancy Artichoke Dip is an elevated version of the classic. It almost looks like there is sausage on top, but it’s really wheat bread crumbs. There are many layers of flavor in here, I just kept adding things until it was right.
I know you are going to enjoy this one, it will disappear before your eyes.
Serve with your favorite crackers or bagel chips.
Fancy Artichoke Dip
- 11-12 ounces goat cheese
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts in oil, well-drained and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup soft, wheat bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- crackers or bagel chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, beat goat cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Gently fold in artichoke hearts, pecans, green onions and Italian seasoning. Spread into a 1-1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle butter over top of bread crumbs and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until warm and bubbly. Serve immediately with crackers.
Four Years Ago: Chicken Meatballs with Chipotle-Honey Sauce