Crab and Chive Puffs are a simple, quick, delicious and elegant party appetizer made with puff pastry, crab meat, and a cream cheesy-chive mixture. These savory bites are the perfect finger-food and party starter for any upcoming gathering.
Crab and Chive Puffs Recipe: A Simple Appetizer
If you’re searching for a delicious and elegant appetizer to impress your guests, look no further than these party-perfect Crab and Chive Puffs. Made with puff pastry, crab meat and a cream-cheesy chive mixture, these savory bites are a stellar choice for a party appetizer. Not only are they delicious, but they are quick and easy to prepare and always a slam dunk at any gathering
The combination of the flaky puff pastry and succulent crab meat creates a truly irresistible taste sensation. The addition of a creamy chive mixture adds a touch of elegance to these puffs, making them an irresistible finger-food for any occasion. They are perfect as a party starter or as a snack during a game night, and they’re sure to be a must-try for any seafood lover.
In addition to being delicious and elegant, these Crab and Chive Puffs are also versatile. You can serve them as is, or you can add a drizzling sauce of your choice to make them even more tasty. Since they’re easy to make ahead of time, you can spend more time enjoying your party and less time in the kitchen. So next time you’re planning a get-together, spoil your guests with these delicious and elegant Crab and Chive Puffs.
Crab Puffs Preparation
Creating these delectable Crab and Chive Puffs is a breeze and they serve a crowd with ease. With the added bonus of being able to prepare them the day before, baking them off right before your guests arrive, makes hosting a breeze. As the recipe yields enough for a couple sheet trays, you can either bake them all at once if all guests arrive simultaneously or bake one sheet tray at a time, ensuring that there are always some puffs available for guests who arrive late.
The buttery taste of these puffs will have everyone reaching for more, so make sure to grab a few for yourself when they make their first round. These puffs are sure to disappear quickly, so don’t wait too long to enjoy your share.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
- Gooey Pizza Dip
- Hot Italian Dip
- Maple Glazed Sausage Bites
- Roasted Garlic Bruschetta
- Kahlua Brown Sugar Baked Brie
- Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crab and Chive Puffs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a 2" inch-cookie cutter, cut the pastry into rounds. Place on 2-parchment-lined baking sheets.2 sheets (17.3 oz. box) frozen puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator overnight
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in the crab.4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives, more for garnish, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper, 1 lbs. lump crab meat
- Dividing evenly, spoon the crab mixture onto the pastry rounds (about 2 teaspoons each). Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the pastries are golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more chives and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.