Air Fryer French Toast Sticks – thick, dunkable slices of bread, air-fried to perfection, when you want a special breakfast without all the fuss.
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks Recipe
Making French toast in the air fryer is a great option for weekday and weekend meals, for both breakfast or brunch.
If you’ve never made even regular toast in the air fryer, you’re missing out. The texture of the bread is crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, just as toast should be. You can’t get the same results from a regular toaster.
Have you noticed French toast is often soggy when made in a frying pan? French toast made in an air fryer is a game changer. The cinnamon-sugar outer coating gives way to a softer center and it is absolute perfection.
Dunk each French toast stick in maple syrup, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or serve with whipped cream..even plain they are delicious.
Ingredients For Air Fryer French Toast
- vanilla extract – pure is best
- ground cinnamon
- granulated sugar
- cooking spray
- confectioners’ sugar – optional to sprinkle on finished French toast
- bread – thick white bread, could be Texas toast or any loaf you slice yourself from the bakery
- eggs – large sized
- milk – any type of milk is fine
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast
Step one: Generously spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Step two: Allow air fryer to heat for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Slice each piece of bread into four sticks by cutting in half vertically, then horizontally.
Step three: In a medium size bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Whisk together until well blended.
Step four: In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon to make cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Step five: Working in batches of 6, dunk bread sticks into egg mixture, soaking for about 10 seconds on each side, making sure bread is coated on both sides.
Step six: Sprinkle each side with cinnamon sugar mixture and place sticks in the air fryer, leaving space in between sticks.
Step seven: Cook 4 minutes, flip ,then cook another 4 minutes.
Step eight: Serve with syrup, confectioners’ sugar, or whipped cream.
If you can’t find a thick sliced bread, look for a loaf in the bakery and slice it yourself.
Cook more or less sticks at a time depending on the size of your air fryer. The key to great texture is not to overcrowd the basket so the air can circulate around each piece.
If egg coating sticks to rack, clean the basket in between batches.
Can I Freeze French Toast Sticks?
Yes, you can.
Keeping a batch of these French toast sticks in the freezer is a very convenient way to get breakfast on the table quickly and they are ready to reheat at any time.
You’ll want to freeze the already cooked French toast sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. When they are firm to the touch, place them into a Ziploc freezer bag and store them up to two months in the freezer.
Reheat them in the sir fryer, toaster oven or regular oven. They can be reheated in the microwave, however, they will not be crispy.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
What Type of Air Fryer Should I Use?
Air Fryers are really kind of ugly and this one kind of reminds me of Darth Vader’s head/mask thing, but oh my gosh, it’s the best appliance ever. Yes they are worth it! There are lots of air fryers out there, but I do particularly love my air fryer. In fact, here are the best-rated large capacity air fryers available and mine is always among them.
If you can grab this air fryer for under $150, you are getting a great deal. In fact, you can read the 5-star reviews on this air fryer here.
Feel Free To Check Out My Other Air Fryer Recipes
Other Breakfast Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Acai Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Blender Pancakes
- Skillet Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Bacon Broccoli and Potato Frittata
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- cooking spray
- 6 slices thick white bread
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsps milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Generously spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Allow air fryer to heat for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Slice each piece of bread into four sticks by cutting in half vertically, then horizontally.
- In a medium size bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Whisk together until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon to make cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Working in batches of 6, dunk bread sticks into egg mixture, soaking for about 10 seconds on each side, making sure bread is coated on both sides.
- Sprinkle each side with cinnamon sugar mixture and place sticks in the air fryer, leaving space in between sticks.
- Cook 4 minutes, flip ,then cook another 4 minutes.
- Serve with syrup, confectioners' sugar, or whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.