An easy apple crumble recipe you will not be able to resist! The crunchy walnut crumble topping, drizzled with caramel, makes this apple dessert and crumble recipe a winning combination.
Make sure you leave room for dessert because this Caramel Apple-Walnut Crumble is a jaw-dropping, decadent masterpiece of all that is sweet and delicious. If you love apple desserts that are not only easy to make, but include a crumble topping recipe that will knock your socks off, this Caramel Apple-Walnut Crumble is for you. I highly recommend making this crumble when there are friends and family around to share it with. This dessert is too dangerous to have around, especially if you have a sweet tooth.
Personally, I find the combination of apples, caramel and walnuts to be one of my all time favorite sweet combinations. The bold flavor of walnuts adds extra indulgence to any dessert recipe and the additional crunch plays well with the gooey caramel found here. I’m not sure I’ve been this excited about a dessert since my Upside Down Apple Cake recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
I’m sharing this triumph of sweets from my friend Mary’s new cookbook, The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook. I promise you’re going to want a copy of this book around once the holidays are in full swing. The recipes are simple, elegant and absolutely company worthy.
Still Looking For Apple Dessert Recipes? Try these:
How Do I Make Caramel Apple Walnut Crumble
- Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish with butter.
- Toss apples with brown sugar, cornstarch and salt and drizzle with caramel.
- For the crumble, stir together flour, walnuts and brown sugar before adding the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apples.
- Bake for 22 minutes in a 375 degree oven or until crust has lightly browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream and more caramel.
Why Are Granny Smith Apples Good For Baking?
The Granny Smith apple is one of the best all-purpose cooking apples. Their natural tart flavor is actually enhanced when they are paired with sweet ingredients. It makes Granny Smiths’ the perfect apple to include in pies, crumbles and crisps.
Can Apple Crumble Be Reheated?
Yes! If you find yourself with leftovers, cover your crumble tightly and keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. When ready to reheat, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the uncovered crumble in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Do not forget the vanilla ice on top of the warm crumble. It’s absolutely decadent!!
I hope you get a chance to make this Caramel Apple-Walnut Crumble during apple season.
Pick up a copy of Mary’s book, The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook today! You will not be disappointed with all the great ways you will able to satisfy your sweet tooth. And there’s a picture with every recipe.
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Caramel Apple-Walnut Crumble
- butter for the dish
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced thin (about six cups)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, more for serving (store-bought or homemade)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish by greasing it with butter.
- For the filling, place sliced apples in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Toss with your hands to coat. Drizzle with the caramel sauce.
- For the crumble topping, stir together the flour, walnuts and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Sprinkle the topping over the apples. Bake for 22 minutes, or until the crust has lightly browned. Serve warm, drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with ice cream.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.