Keep it light and refreshing ~ Cucumbers with Mint Vinaigrette are the perfect side dish for any meal. They are especially wonderful with Asian Cuisine.
Even if you’re not a big fan of cucumbers, these Cucumbers with Mint Vinaigrette are a must try. They are the perfect palate cleanser between spicy bites of food and are a perfect side dish for any Asian cuisine dishes. I find it really amazing how much cooling effect these cucumbers have whether it’s a hot day or your menu includes some spicy heat recipes.
I have to admit, these cucumbers have been my sole lunch many times over. If there are ever leftovers from dinner the night before, it’s almost a guarantee I will be enjoying them as my next meal. These cucumbers can easily stand alone for lunch and/or a refreshing afternoon snack.
How To Thinly Slice Cucumber
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
The trick to any sliced cucumber salad is to slice the cucumbers as thinly as you can. Wafer thin is how I usually refer to my cucumber slices. This is easily done with a mandoline slicer, an amazingly simple kitchen tool that is easy to set up and will have you slicing in minutes. The smaller mandolines are easy to wash, dry and store; nothing elaborate is necessary. With a little a practice, you will find having a mandoline will save you hours of work. The mandoline is definitely one of my favorite kitchen tools. If you place value on uniformly cut veggies, a mandoline is totally for you.
How To Make Cucumbers With Mint Vinaigrette
- Prepare cucumber by thinly slicing with a mandoline. Leave the rough, green peel on the cucumber
- Add seasoned rice vinegar, fresh mint, ginger paste and red papper flakes to the bowl of a blender and puree
- Toss pureed mixture with thinly sliced cucumbers
- Chill for at least thirty minutes before serving
What Should I Serve With Cucumbers With Mint Vinaigrette
- Vietnamese-Style Beef with Garlic, Black Pepper and Lime
- Asian-Style Pan Roasted Pork Chops
- Sticky Asian Chicken
- 17 Ways To Enjoy Chinese Takeout at Home
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Pasta
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Cucumbers with Mint Vinaigrette
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced, skins on (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar (do not substitute)
- 20 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tsps ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.