Keep it light and refreshing ~ Cucumbers with Mint Vinaigrette are the perfect side dish for any meal. They are especially wonderful with Asian Cuisine.
Even if you’re not a big fan of cucumbers, these Cucumbers with Mint Vinaigrette are a must try. They are the perfect palate cleanser between spicy bites of food and are a perfect side dish for any Asian cuisine dishes. I find it really amazing how much cooling effect these cucumbers have whether it’s a hot day or your menu includes some spicy heat recipes.
I have to admit, these cucumbers have been my sole lunch many times over. If there are ever leftovers from dinner the night before, it’s almost a guarantee I will be enjoying them as my next meal. These cucumbers can easily stand alone for lunch and/or a refreshing afternoon snack.
How To Thinly Slice Cucumber
The trick to any sliced cucumber salad is to slice the cucumbers as thinly as you can. Wafer thin is how I usually refer to my cucumber slices. This is easily done with a mandoline slicer, an amazingly simple kitchen tool that is easy to set up and will have you slicing in minutes. The smaller mandolines are easy to wash, dry and store; nothing elaborate is necessary. With a little a practice, you will find having a mandoline will save you hours of work. The mandoline is definitely one of my favorite kitchen tools. If you place value on uniformly cut veggies, a mandoline is totally for you.
How To Make Cucumbers With Mint Vinaigrette
- Prepare cucumber by thinly slicing with a mandoline. Leave the rough, green peel on the cucumber
- Add seasoned rice vinegar, fresh mint, ginger paste and red papper flakes to the bowl of a blender and puree
- Toss pureed mixture with thinly sliced cucumbers
- Chill for at least thirty minutes before serving
What Should I Serve With Cucumbers With Mint Vinaigrette
- Vietnamese-Style Beef with Garlic, Black Pepper and Lime
- Asian-Style Pan Roasted Pork Chops
- Sticky Asian Chicken
- 17 Ways To Enjoy Chinese Takeout at Home
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Pasta
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Keep it light and refreshing ~ Cucumber with Mint Vinaigrette are the perfect side dish for any meal. They are especially wonderful with Asian Cuisine.
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced, skins on (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar (do not substitute)
- 20 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tsps ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes