Just when you thought you needed to spend all day making cookies, it turns out you don’t! These Quickest Peanut Butter-Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookies are everyone’s favorite and they take only a short amount of time to put together, with just a few ingredients.
How gorgeous are these Peanut Butter-Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookies? And I’m telling you they are top notch in the the taste department too. If you are a sucker for having cookies around (like me), then sometimes you need a quicker method. I’ve got you covered here.
My house is where the teenagers hang out and I love that, but that means having a lot of food around at all times is paramount. I pretty much have that covered too, but something homemade and warm coming out of the oven is where it’s really. I use the same method with these cookies as I do my Triple Chocolate KISS Cookies. It makes baking something delicious so much easier…especially if you’re working full time. If you do want something completely from scratch, I can recommend my Bacon-Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Glaze. They are insanely delicious.
These cookies are worthy of any dinner party, girl’s night, last-minute invite, weekend picnic…whatever you can think up.
The large chocolate chips pressed into the tops of the cookies are these super cookie chips from Guittard. You can get them in most grocery stores in the baking aisle. They make your cookie look so much more elegant than regular chocolate chips.
I’m asked over and over again how I get my cookies perfectly shaped. Two things, I weigh every ball of dough with a baking scale, so each cookie is uniform in size. (Each of these cookie balls were 30 grams). And I bake the cookies in Whoopie Pie Pans, so when they spread out, they remain perfectly round.
Perfection! You also don’t have to refrigerate your cookie dough to keep it from spreading too much when you use this method.
One of the things I added into my cookie dough were banana chips. I pulsed them for a bit in my food processor. It adds a nice little crunch and adds to the banana flavor of the cookie. I also added one whole banana, so this is just something extra.
I also rolled each cookie ball in cinnamon sugar before baking and before pressing in the large chocolate chips. The cinnamon-sugar is the perfect final touch.
How many could you eat?
Pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy.
I won’t even tell you how many I ate.
This is a great recipe for a college student who loves to bake, but doesn’t have all the extra baking ingredients in their apartment. Share it with them!
If you love making easy cookies, here are a few other recipes you should try. These 2-Ingredient Cookie Cups sound amazingly perfect and these Easy Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are one of my favorites. No Bake Avalanche Cookies are a staple in my house, while Oreo Cookie Balls will have you wondering why you have not made them before.
Eight years ago I made these Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins and they were all the rage.
FYI: Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
The Quickest Peanut Butter-Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 (30 oz) tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 oz banana chips (crushed)
- 1/3 cup cinnamon-sugar
- extra large chocolate chips for pressing in the dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F*. Spray Whoopie Pie Pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cookie dough, peanut butter, banana and banana chips until well combined.
- Roll cookies into balls that weigh 30 grams each or are about 1-1/4" in size. Roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar before placing in the well of a Whoopie Pie Pan. Press in three large chocolate chips into each cookie dough ball or 5-7 regular sized chocolate chips.
- Bake on 375 for 10-12 minutes until cookie is mostly done. Remove from oven and let finish baking by leaving them on the tray for 5-7 minutes more. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay soft for several days in a tightly sealed container.
- *If you have a convection oven and bake these cookies on the convection setting, set your temperature to 350 degrees F and bake cookies using all three racks of the oven at once. They come out perfectly.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.