Your game day menu just got better with these Slow Cooker Honey Pineapple Chicken Wings. Let the slow cooker do all the work and serve these sweet, tasty wings at halftime. They are a guaranteed touchdown.
I love wings, but sometimes you need a recipe that doesn’t include all the time-consuming frying. I get you. You want to sit and watch the game and not be stuck in the kitchen. This is why the slow cooker is your friend. Is there anyone out there who doesn’t have a slow cooker? How do you survive?
Anyway, you’re going to love these flavorful, sticky wings. They are going to make you feel even better about your team when they win and are going to take away the sting when your team loses. You’ll see.
I like using a mixture of wings and drummettes, but you can use all wings or all drummettes if you like. Totally up to you. Just make sure the little wing tip is removed (they usually are).
After you pour in the quick and easy sauce.
And here’s how they look when finished…golden brown and delicious.
Finishing the sauce only takes a couple of minutes.
These are going to disappear faster than you imagined.
Of course you don’t have to wait for game day to enjoy these awesome wings, they will happily get eaten any night of the week and for any occasion.
Slow Cooker Honey Pineapple Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings and drummettes (or just wings, tips removed)
- 20 oz can pineapple, cubed ~ reserve the juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from canned pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons cold water
- Place chicken and cubed pineapple into the bowl of a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, garlic and salt. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and set slow cooker on low for seven hours.
- When finished, remove chicken, set aside and keep warm. Pour juice from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and slowly whisk into boiling sauce. Boil for one minute and remove from heat.
- Drizzle wings with thickened sauce and serve it on the side for dipping.
Other Slow Cooker Wings You Might Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Wings
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Four Years Ago: Zingy Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup
- Six Years Ago: Italian Herb Party Mix
- Seven Years Ago: Pasta with Brie, Mushrooms and Arugula