How many of you have an addiction to scrubs and lotions and everything beauty related. I am especially drawn to anything citrusy. I love the way it smells and it’s a perfect mood lifter and energizing too.
This past weekend at my food conference in Miami, Sunkist put together a clever swag bag for each blogger. Inside were grapefruits, a box of sugar, grapeseed oil and honey, along with a recipe on how to make this sugar scrub. Honestly, I wanted to make it in my hotel room, but didn’t really have the right tools to make it happen.
I did make it yesterday and I can’t tell you how much I love it. Perfect for the hands, feet, back of your arms or anywhere you need to exfoliate. Your skin will feel incredibly smooth and delicious once you rub it on and rinse it away.
To get all the juice out of my grapefruit, I used my favorite wooden reamer. I couldn’t live without this tool in this kitchen.
The grapefruit juice will help brighten your nails, which is so nice if you are a “clear nail polish on your fingers” kind of gal like myself.
Did I mention it smells good too. And since it’s all food products, you can even taste it…just a little bite won’t hurt.
This scrub now has a permanent place on the shelf in my bathtub.
Zesty Grapefruit Sugar Scrub
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar*
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Apply to your hands, feet or anywhere you would like to exfoliate. Rinse with warm water.
- The original recipe called for only 3/4 cup sugar. I added more to get it to the consistency I preferred. I added the zest too.
- One Year Ago: Pickled Veggie Potato Salad
- Three Years Ago: Basil Spaghetti with Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes
- Four Years Ago: Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Lemon Glaze and Crushed Blueberry Sauce
- Six Years Ago: Chicken, Nectarine and Red Onion Kebabs