I have always subscribed to the idea that it’s important to repurpose leftovers. I make leftover pot roast into pot roast tacos and leftover steak gets put into scrambled eggs. It keeps things interesting and allows me to stretch another meal out my previous hard work.
Now, a while back I posted a recipe for my Epic Apple Pie-Buttermilk Shake. And epic is a great way to describe that recipe. It’s sweet and tangy and tastes exactly like apple pie. What’s different about this recipe here and the one previously written is how you arrive at the finished product. It’s completely different. Completely.
Last week I had a dinner party and our friends brought over a farm stand apple pie. It was delicious. I am still trying to figure out the crust, it was perfect. Not flaky (which is what I thought I wanted in a pie) but this was crumby in texture. I want to know how to make that crust, it was really perfect and authentic tasting.
Anyway, after the party this is what was left of the apple pie, a little more than one piece. Ten- ounces to be exact.
While I could have perfectly enjoyed this piece of pie I decided to make a milkshake out of it. As usual a bunch of teenage boys were over and a sweet treat is always requested. I didn’t have enough pie to feed all of them so I decided to blend this up with some Greek yogurt, milk and ice.
Seriously it was so delicious and it tasted exactly like apple pie. And the kids unknowingly got a bunch of protein from the yogurt. Perfect!
I resisted every urge I had to plop whipped cream on the top of this…maybe next time.
Greek Yogurt-Apple Pie Milkshake
- 10 ounces leftover apple pie
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (such as Chobani)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup ice
- ground cinnamon, optional
- Add all ingredients except cinnamon to a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into glasses. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon if you choose. Serve immediately.
- One Year Ago: Blogging Has Its Perks
- Two Years Ago: Grilled Broccoli and Lemons
- Three Years Ago: Harry Potter’s Butterbeer
- Five Years Ago: Fancy Schmancy Chocolate Chip Cookies