What could be more perfect than a refreshing drink on the first day of summer!!! Thank goodness the sun is shining this morning, as it has been raining for the last two days.
Anyway, watermelon…it is my absolute favorite summertime treat. I eat it every…single day. And not just small amounts of it, I could literally eat a whole watermelon by myself. In fact, I’m alright having just watermelon for dinner. Nothing else. However, that doesn’t really work out with my family, they always want meat.
Some years the watermelons aren’t that great, but so far this year they have been fantastic and it’s still early in the season.
About this drink, it is so easy to make and the kids will love it. If you want to make it into an adult beverage, tequila, preferably a high-quality silver tequila would work well.
I hope your first day of summer is everything you want it to be!!! Stay cool.
Have a sip for me!!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 8 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 8 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, plus sliced lime for garnish
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Puree watermelon in a blender of food processor. Strain into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir in honey and lime juice. Transfer to pitcher; stir in 1-1/2 cups water, lime slices and mint.
- Chill and serve over ice.
Two Years Ago: Banana Honey Nut Loaf