An easy dinner to put together in the slow cooker, this Super Saucy Chicken Over Angel Hair Pasta will be waiting for you when you get home.
I do love the sauce in this dish…there is so much of it!! The extra sauce is perfect to sit on top of a bed of angel hair pasta….yummmm. This quick and easy Slow Cooker Super Saucy Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta does call for condensed soup. If you prefer not to use a canned version, you can always make your golden mushroom soup from scratch.
There are so many easy dinner options out there to choose from it can be hard to pick. Two of my favorites to are this Sausage Tortellini Soup and this 15-Minute Mexican Chicken Soup with Avocado. Both are so tasty.
It’s so nice to come home to a meal that’s hot and ready. Just boil some pasta and dinner is served. This is one of those meals you can get on the table after sport’s practice or the PTA meeting. Comfort food at it’s finest.
FYI…it paired perfectly with our Pinot Blanc…for those of you who have a bottle or two around.
There are so many options when it comes to making comfort food dishes and I’d like to share some other options with you. This Cheesy Beef Goulash is one of my favorites. And this Slow Cooker Chile Colorado Beef is something I make again and again. This Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese is on my list to try. And who doesn’t love a hearty bowl of Beef Stew? Give them all a try when you find the time.
One year ago I made this amazing Layered Greek Dip and you need to try it for game day. Two years ago this Sour Cream-Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake was on my brunch table and remains a favorite recipe. Three years ago I wondered about this; How Do You Afford It ?
Slow Cooked Super Saucy Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms, button or shitake
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (0.7 oz) package dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup*
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 oz) tub chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 lbs angel hair pasta
- Place sliced mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place chicken breasts over the mushrooms.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in Italian dressing packet until fully incorporated. Add soup, wine and cream cheese until fully combined and cream cheese has melted. Pour sauce over chicken and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Set slow-cooker on low for 5 hours. Before serving, remove chicken and coarsely slice. Place chicken back in the slow cooker to absorb all the sauce.
- Make angel hair according to package directions and serve with saucy chicken on top.
- *If you would like to make a homemade version, their is a link above to a homemade recipe.