I have always loved couscous, especially when lots of goodies are added in for flavor and crunch. I needed a side dish the other night and this worked out perfectly! It’s very pretty too!
The sweetness of the cranberries, raisins and apricots balanced the salty feta cheese perfectly. Even my oldest son loved it, which surprised me as dried fruit is not his thing.
I will be serving this again and again, it was so easy to throw together I didn’t even take other pictures, it just wasn’t necessary.
Couscous with Dried Fruit and Feta
- 2 (5.8 oz) packages garlic-flavored couscous (Near East roasted garlic & olive oil is my favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions. Place in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir in the cranberries, apricots, scallions and feta; season with salt and pepper.
I served this couscous alongside:
Spicy Chicken Thighs with Apricots and Olives
Spicy Moroccan Bread Salad
One Year Ago: Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
Two Years Ago: Fuzzy Melba’s