All I can say is, “Oh Ma Gawd.”
Seriously, a no yeast biscuit that is utterly perfect. But here’s why, it’s made with potatoes. Yep, it is!
These are Potato-Sour Cream Biscuits made to satisfy the Potato lover in me. These biscuits are so easy to make I just might whip them up with every dinner from here on out.
So, let’s make these SUPER EASY biscuits because I just can’t tell you how yummy they are. You’ll have to find out for yourself.
Here’s what you’ll need: Yukon Gold Potatoes, sour cream, butter, all-purpose flour, buttermilk, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
Boil 8 ounces Yukon Gold Potatoes in water until fork tender; about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to the pan.
Add 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 Tablespoons butter to the pan; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
In a large bowl combine 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt. Add potato mixture and stir just until moist. Do not go crazy here and stir wildly, gently combine or you’ll end up with a hockey puck.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead (squeeze) lightly about 5 or 6 times. Again, don’t go crazy here. Just make sure all the flour has combined.
Pat the dough with your hands to a 3/4-inch thickness. Get out your ruler otherwise you’ll flatten the dough too much. You will. Cut the dough with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
Place the biscuits onto a baking tray covered in parchment or coated with cooking spray. Bake in 450 degree oven for 14 minutes or until lightly brown.
Here they are, straight out of the oven. Smother with butter, jam or honey and serve with every meal!
What do you call a bunch of potato biscuits in a basket? I don’t know either.
And with a salad….PERFECT!
Potato-Sour Cream Biscuits
- 8 oz cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into smaller pieces
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7-3/4 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- cooking spray or parchment paper
- Place potato in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender; drain. Return potato to pan. Add buttermilk, sour cream and butter to pan; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add potato mixture and stir just until moist. Do not over stir. Turn the dough onto a slightly floured surface; knead lightly about 5 or 6 times, again not very much.
- Pat dough to a 3/4-inch thickness (get out you ruler). Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. (You can use a larger cutter if you like.) Place biscuits 2-inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or covered in parchment paper. Bake at 450 degrees for 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm smothered in butter, jam and honey. Yum.