You are going to love this deconstructed version of your favorite deli sandwich. This Dill Pickle and Hot Pastrami Deli Pizza does not disappoint. Game day or any day, it's a must try. The sprinkle of caraway seeds just adds to the authenticity.
Here I am, with dill pickles on my pizza. You're not surprised are you? So many of you have been on this dill pickle journey with me and it's not about to end anytime soon. Buckle up.
This little idea popped into my head while I was thinking about my favorite deli sandwich, hot pastrami on rye. And it's not like pickles are on the sandwich, but a good deli always has pickles on the table. Always. Eating the two together is a must.
However, you know what I like better than a sandwich? Pizza! You guys are smart. So why not deconstruct the sandwich, with pickles on the side, and make it into a pizza. These are the things I think about night...welcome to my brain.
I will tell you this, one, two and maybe even three slices won't be enough. Fair warning. It's super-addictive. And if you really want to turn your eating experience with this pizza up a notch, have it with a beer, it's nirvana. Like throw your head back AMAZING. You will totally feel like you left this planet. That's what you want right?
It's kind of pretty too, which was just totally unexpected, but YAY for pretty food, since we eat with our eyes first. Just look at all that gorgeous!!
You can use premade, refrigerated pizza dough for this recipe or you can make my QUICK NO-FAIL PIZZA DOUGH (which is what I did), but you will have to double the recipe, since the ingredients make enough for a large pie. You will need a large pizza pan to make this happen.
One slice will not be enough. That is one thing you can count on.
Dill Pickle and Hot Pastrami Deli Pizza
- 2 lbs homemade or refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella cheese, shred it yourself
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced dill pickles
- 1/2 pound piece thick-sliced pastrami, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare pizza dough to fit to the edges of a 16" pizza pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese and mustard and spread evenly over unbaked pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch on the edges. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top of the the ricotta mixture. Top with pickles and pastrami. Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Slice and serve warm, and enjoy with a beer.
This recipe was also featured in Parade Magazine's, 15 Insanely Creative Pizza Combinations. Make sure to check it out.
Other Creative Pizza Recipes You Might Enjoy: