Sometimes simplicity gets the best results. I know I’m guilty of making complicated food with lots of steps and ingredients. However, there are those days and occasions when we all need something quick, easy and tasty.
These little breakfast bites hit the nail on the head when it came to making a quick and easy nibble that tastes great. They were gobbled up so fast I barely got to taste one. I served this for breakfast but I couldn’t help thinking a tray of these would be the perfect brunch appetizer. It would be very easy to execute a large platter of these for a crowd.
I hope you get a chance to try them. I made them double stack but if you are feeding small children you could always leave some single-layered.
Sausage and Tortilla Breakfast Bites
- 1 package (12 oz) Johnsonville Original Breakfast Patties
- 2 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1-1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat, fry sausage patties until they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, with a 2-3/4" biscuit cutter, cut eight rounds out of each tortilla for a total of 16 tortilla rounds.
- To build breakfast bites, layer tortilla, cheese and sausage until you have used 4 tortilla rounds and 2 sausage patties for every breakfast bite. A sprinkle of cheese goes between every later.
- Once bites are built, place in a warm oven or toaster oven just to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes.
Disclosure: This recipe was created for Johnsonville Sausages as part of their brand ambassador, “Delish Dish” blogger program. I was provided with product to make this wonderful recipe for all of you. All opinions are always 100% my own.