Football season gets my mouth watering for Buffalo sauce. It's kind of a given isn't it? I mean, there is just something about the tang and the heat that keeps me looking forward to game day. Football = Buffalo sauce...it just does.
One of my favorite places to enjoy Buffalo sauce is on pizza...pepperoni pizza to be exact. I love it. I often put too much and my mouth and lips burn like heck...but so what, this sauce is one of my faves.
So I thought about what I wanted to use as my vehicle for Buffalo sauce for this year's football festivities, hot dogs came to mind. But, just pouring Buffalo sauce on top wasn't going to be enough. Therefore, I also made a Buffalo mayo to drizzle on top. And this is how Buffalo Hot Dogs were born. You can thank me later.
So, let's recap...the hot dogs received a double dose of Frank's...one straight shot and the other made into a Buffalo mayo and were finished off with celery and blue cheese. To. Die. For. I cannot lie.
So much flavor in each bite. It almost killed me to just have one...but Spring Break is coming and we must be good...right?
Also, if you have anyone who can't take the heat, just give them the Buffalo mayo and skip the second drizzle of Frank's. They will be less spicy. You can call them wimps behind their back:).
Buffalo Hot Dogs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce, more for drizzling
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 8 large, bun length hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 4 sticks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For the Buffalo mayo, combine all ingredients and keep refrigerated until serving time.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions or grill them for the best taste. Place hot dog inside of bun and drizzle with Buffalo mayo. Sprinkle celery and blue cheese, pouring extra Frank's over the top. Serve immediately.
Three Years Ago: Spaghetti with Bacon and Eggs