Hello everyone! Welcome to our newly designed site. We know change is hard but I think you will find this site much more user-friendly. You can now easily find a recipe with our new Recipe Index tab or our Search bar! Everything has been recategorized into places that make sense. Recipes are also easily printable with the printing icon. However, all of my old recipes will need to be entered into the new format to make them printable like this one is below. It's going to take some time but I will get it done!!
There is still lots of content to add so check back daily for updates. You might also find some hiccups along the way. We are still working out many bugs and trying to get things in working order. Transferring over four years of data and trying to do it without breaking links is a HUGE undertaking...but somehow it was accomplished with 95% accuracy...WOW.
I have to absolutely thank my dream team for making this happen. This has been a six month labor of love and it has taken many hands and lots of brainpower to accomplish such a project.
Thank you to all my readers who continue to support this site. I know it has been a little slow around here but a lot of things in the background have been happening to benefit all of you.
Now, on to the food, that's why we're all here right?
Who doesn't love pulled pork? Well, I suppose a lot of people don't, but I am not one of those people. I go through phases where I crave it and end up slathering it on every piece of crusty bread I can find. I am hopeless like that.
Anyway, this is just another time-saving recipe...set it, and forget it. The most time consuming aspect being...I do go the extra mile trimming the pork of fat. So basically, I keep the pork butt in as many large pieces as I can, but I do hack the fat away in between the layers...you just don't need it. Nope, you don't.
I think you are going to enjoy this recipe, it's super-saucy and ultra delicious!!! Let me know how it comes out.
A meal you will not soon forget!
Slow-Cooker Honey-Soy Pulled Pork
- 1 6-7 lb Pork butt
- 1-1/4 cups Clover honey
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup Distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Dried basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- Trim pork butt of all extra fat and place meat in slow-cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, basil and garlic. Pour on top of meat.
- Set slow-cooker on low for 8 hours. When done, remove meat and pour sauce into a large Pyrex bowl, preferably with a pour spout. Let sit for about 20 minutes and skim off any visible fat from the top. Pour sauce into sauce pan over medium heat. Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add slowly to the sauce. Continue to stir, making sure there are no clumps. Sauce will thicken once mixture is hot enough, make sure not to boil over 1 minute as the cornstarch will break down.
- Shred meat with two forks and pour sauce over the meat. Eat as is or make it into a sandwich.
Four Years Ago: Mixed Berry and Cherry Clafoutis