Wow, it has been a busy week! Spring has sort of sprung in Oregon...there have been a handful of sunny days. The tasting room has been a madhouse and we've had so many long-time blog readers visit. It's always SO fun when you all come out and say hi...it validates what I do here. At least in my mind it does.
I've also hired a new crew in the tasting room, make sure you drop by and say hi to Jeff, Joni and Marissa...they will be helping me keep my sanity as we head into the busy wine tasting season. We continue to do wine pairings with small little nibbles and bites, it's really a fun way to spend your afternoon.
Now these tarts, they are so easy to make, my kids could do it. But the secret ingredient here is the almond paste (which I
did could eat with a spoon by the way). These are the perfect after dinner treat and will impress any company you might be having over.
These tarts open up like little blossoms. They are also perfect topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. We did try both, but they were too warm to put on before taking a picture, as the whipped cream and ice cream would have melted. And of course everyone was begging for their dessert...well, you get it. It's the life of a food blogger, trying to get pictures while your family stands in the background and watches their warm food go cold. Sorry family.
Anyway, give these a try...you will love....
Individual Puff Pastry Apple Tarts with Almond & Cinnamon
They are really out of this world!
Four Years Ago: Green Thumb, Not So Much
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @casadecrews: Perfect for the Big Game, and ready in just 50 minutes! Chili-Lime Wings #HSNCooks https://t.co/G7hso4Hpyv https://t.co/01wCst8S3Q, 2 hours ago
- RT @RebeccaGF666: We can ALL celebrate #WorldNutellaDay! #Foodallergy safe, #Chocolate Hemp Seed Butter! https://t.co/EHolnS0DRO #glutenfree #vegan #nutfree, 2 hours ago
- RT @ThatSkinnyChick: Add these cheesy, Spicy Salmon Nachos to your game day menu! @COSMermaid #ad https://t.co/Tpk594765E https://t.co/JgCSJ9SWAE, 2 hours ago
- RT @CupcakeKaleChip: NEW! For #WorldNutellaDay, Banana Chocolate Chip & #Nutella Cake! #glutenfree option too! https://t.co/k7hEawd10h https://t.co/XR0fcKY6Xw, 2 hours ago
- RT @ItsYummi: You need a hot weekend date with these warm Cheesy Sausage Biscuits! #recipe >> https://t.co/trzt4DoCQp https://t.co/xRmLG8jTJU, 3 hours ago