Happy Pi DAY or π Day (3.14). Pi, the mathematical constant whose value....well who cares, let's eat pie! I know, I know, my pie looks like a tart. I was too lazy to roll out the dough, so I pushed it into one of my tart pans instead...it always works perfectly and keeps me from obsessing about every crimped edge on my pie crust. I do, do that.
Anyway, today is one of those weird days where the mathematical world and the food world intersect...or do they? Somehow I don't see mathematician's celebrating Pi like the food bloggers celebrate pie...or maybe they do. Well who cares anyway. It was still a good reason to make a pie.
All I can say is this Tangy Lemon-Limoncello Pie is one of the easiest, most lemony tasting pies around. It's fresh, tart and sets up easily in the oven. It's perfection. Oh and it has limoncello (lee-mon-CHEH-loh), an aromatic lemon liqueur made from lemon rinds, making it less tart than lemonade. Have you ever sipped an icy cold limoncello? I love it...you need to try.
This pie would also be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G with a meringue topping...however, I do not do meringue in rain, snow or humidity; with all the sugar, meringue absorbs moisture from the air and makes a gloppy mess.
So here's a shot of today's weather from the backside of our property...this was early morning before the REAL blizzard started. It SNOWED. ALL. DAY. LONG. Is it not almost Spring? And therefore, my pie shall remain meringue-less. Snow = no meringue. But if the weather is perfect in your area, give it a whirl...my Mommy's meringue recipe is here. Or whipped cream does the job nicely.
What I love about this pie is how balanced the sweet to tart ratio tastes...and again, it's so, so easy to make. You do not even have to make custard. Just mix and fill in your pie shell.
This would be beautiful on an Easter table....mmmhhhmmmm. Going to get another piece...
Tangy Lemon-Limoncello Pie
For the crust:
For the filling:
Just take a bite....
More Limoncello Recipes You Might Enjoy:
11 Bold Desserts Starring Limoncello ~ Coomunity Table
Limoncello Lemonade ~ Noble Pig
Limoncello Sorbet ~ Completely Delicious
How to Make Homemade Limoncello ~ The Italian Dish
Filo Cups with Limoncello Fruit Salad and Lemon Greek Yogurt ~ Figs & Feta
Two Years Ago: Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Sauce
Three Years Ago: Cheater's Key Lime Pie
Four Years Ago: Whiskey-Glazed Corned Beef
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Heck yes! Cabbage Roll Casserole https://t.co/NxkhvEexBd via @comfortablefood https://t.co/Z3FKfzDBCB, 20 hours ago
- RT @Dinnersdishes: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites - ready in 15 minutes! From @BarefeetKitchen new cookbook! https://t.co/hAOv4gDWre… https://t.co/YJuN381NE6, 20 hours ago
- RT @DramamamaX5: One Pan Chipotle Lime Chicken Stir Fry #recipe #food https://t.co/JBigsr9noZ https://t.co/9MXFEOzhug, 20 hours ago
- RT @wearychef: UPDATED: Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe is so good and easy to make!! https://t.co/0CSXG8rrTh #chicken #[email protected]… https://t.co/GbZ9XS1RnE, 20 hours ago
- RT @CompletSavorist: Baja Chicken Pasta https://t.co/eaaiZ4oKXE Decadent & utterly satisfying. Fusion of flavors: favorite cheesy pasta… https://t.co/XOd9YII1u6, 20 hours ago