As soon as I saw this recipe, I started salivating at the mere thought of this dressing. I remember it well, as going to the Old Spaghetti Factory as a kid was always something we anticipated. It seems like we would wait forever to be seated. Did they not take reservations? Or did my parents not make them? Hmmm. Anyway, we were always starving by the time we sat down and we would devour the bread and salads put in front of us.
As an adult I appreciate that most of their locations are housed in old historic buildings but as a kid all I cared about was how there was always a streetcar in the middle of the restaurant. You could sit in it and have dinner, but we never got those seats. We always had a booth that was usually made from some brass headboard of a bed. I wanted that streetcar.
Anyway, I only made a couple teeny-tiny adjustments to this recipe, otherwise I loved it! So good over a crunchy salad. You must have croutons, preferably homemade, with this...to die for!!
Old Spaghetti Factory's Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing
Makes about 2 cups
1 cup mayonnaise
1-1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1-1/2 Tablespoons dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients in a large mason jar and shake vigorously until mixed. Can be served right away but tastes so much better if given time to let flavors meld in the refrigerator.
One Year Ago: Ceviche...My Way
Two Years Ago: Petit Steaks with Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
Three Years Ago: Key Lime Cupcakes
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Yum! Coca-Cola Glazed #Ham with Brown Sugar and Dijon https://t.co/Z3M1gUo1lI via @SouthYourMouth https://t.co/ntL70pQqH4, 1 hour ago
- 24 Holiday #Cocktails Filled with Cheer https://t.co/aexXbHmiv8 #SaturdayMorning https://t.co/F6pcvVVmh4, 3 hours ago
- I want them all! Chocolate Peanut Butter #Cookies https://t.co/oFv3h7LvU9 via @Buns_In_My_Oven https://t.co/5OpgMOc1Vb, Dec 9
- Why does the power only go out when it's dark? @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/ufNz3KBWiq, Dec 9
- Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies https://t.co/hkE31T5x64 #NationalBrownieDay https://t.co/TF4frt92wr, Dec 9