This is the time of year when pork and apples are synonymous with the cooler weather. What is it that makes us crave a dish like this in the Fall? It must be apple season, my favorite time of year. I am so glad to have the Honeycrisp apples back in the stores, they are truly my favorite.
Pork cutlets are also perfect for family dinners. Kids seem to love them because they are mild and can be flavored mildly to their liking. They also take a very short time to cook, which means they will not turn into rubber. I like to keep pork cutlets in the freezer, they thaw quickly and meld easily with any sauces or gravies you might have on hand. Its perfect for those nights when time is of the essence.
This recipe makes enough for leftovers the next day. Take it to work with you in microwavable tupperware or slip the pork between two slices of bread for an awesome sandwich. The pork and the apples reheated well the next day.
Pork Cutlets with Sweet and Sour Apples
The Honeycrisp are sweet while the Granny Smith give that sour flavor. A perfect contrast for this dish.
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @LemonTreeCathy: Garlic & Herb CHEESY POTATOES!! You're gonna love them! https://t.co/8IwEgF42NX @Crystal_Farms #CrystalFarmsCheese… https://t.co/wQk85U4qCH, 24 mins ago
- RT @wearychef: Favorite Baked #Spinach #Dip Recipe https://t.co/GoJAZAQmlD This spinach dip recipe is a must make for your next pa… https://t.co/5aSl5JvKw7, 24 mins ago
- Whoa! Skillet Apple #Pie Biscuits https://t.co/6MVefgxWqU via @Melissa_MSSK https://t.co/mSQ0AxPn0Q, 3 hours ago
- RT @Shockinglydlish: Love old #Hollywood? This is THE book for you! L.A.'s Legendary Restaurants: lore + #recipes… https://t.co/yBM3ubGFlt, 3 hours ago
- RT @DramamamaX5: Easy #eggnog pancakes are perfect for the holidays! #recipe https://t.co/WINe0jmShy https://t.co/dTkI530nc8, 3 hours ago