Many of you probably make your own version of this dish already, so let this post serve as a reminder to make it again soon.
It is absolutely my favorite summertime quick-meal. The fresh ingredients with the garlic and Parmesan undertones make a meal packed with flavor. There are just no words that describe the feast of the senses here.
We are currently moving our personal residence (finally got my dream kitchen) and this is a quick and easy meal to throw together after a day of moving and packing boxes in the heat.
From Ina Garten
4 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Good olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound dried angle hair pasta
1-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Combine cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
Just before you're ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 Tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
Three Years Ago: Yes, I'm Still In Oregon
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @TheFoodieAffair: Warm up with a cup of cocoa topped with frozen peppermint mocha whipped cream! https://t.co/EnEBaj3H3A #chocolate… https://t.co/pdx2oU7oDc, 12 hours ago
- RT @cookierookiebec: APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are the easiest (and BEST) way to enjoy #christmas #baking! #spon @ReynoldsWrap… https://t.co/DCMXzStUoR, 12 hours ago
- RT @Anns_Life: Hungarian Christmas Cookies #recipe https://t.co/4aRPjcJotC #recipeoftheday #foodie https://t.co/gWKdsckttK, 13 hours ago
- RT @SlowCookerSarah: Slow Cooker Bacon Barbecue Chicken Dip with @sbrbbq sauce! Serve with garlic bread. #ad https://t.co/wY7qqYEjOt https://t.co/ajejdM0MbB, 13 hours ago
- RT @BoulderLocavore: No open fire required to roast these chestnuts: The Best Roasted Chestnuts https://t.co/OwkT22PBOL https://t.co/KcAMN0GIqB, 13 hours ago