Even though it's Cinco de Mayo, we decided to go Greek for lunch....why not!
There is nothing better than kalamata olives, garlic and toasted pine nuts with feta cheese to get you through the afternoon of loads of paperwork.
We currently have wine club shipments leaving the building and it's busy...busy....busy.
By the way, this meal pairs quite nicely with our Noble Pig Pinot Blanc...it's just outstanding together.
Anyway, give this one a try, it's a mouthwatering way to spend a meal!
Greek Chicken Pasta
6 oz. spaghetti
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
8 oz. baby spinach
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
1 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
3 oz. good quality feta cheese, crumbled
Cook spaghetti as package directs.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, wine, chile flakes, olives, pine nuts, salt and pepper.
Drain pasta, return to pot, and add onion mixture and chicken. Stir to coat and cook over medium heat until warmed, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plates and top with feta cheese.
One Year Ago: Snickerdoodle Pie
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Pumpkin Caramel Bars with #Bacon https://t.co/FVyy3gFfC7 https://t.co/L9w1wJHFo7, 6 hours ago
- Yes please! Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie https://t.co/PQfkpc1OnS via @BruCrewLife https://t.co/o23xl8gzvu, 9 hours ago
- RT @RecipeGirl: Amazing! Mocha Pumpkin Fudge Brownies https://t.co/lFXqCZVWz9 via @noblepig https://t.co/5pdFwLIXMN, 12 hours ago
- Dill #Pickle Dip! You need it for #GameDay https://t.co/4apzCLMk8d https://t.co/afFeHmG0N3, 12 hours ago
- Soft Baked #Pumpkin Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies https://t.co/vL6avqR4BR #weekendfood https://t.co/vu0VGs0D29, 15 hours ago