I am always amazed at how a few simple ingredients come together to make a flavorful meal. Who needs red sauce when you have whole tomatoes covered in blistering cheese...yum.
This meal is perfect for a simple Spring or Summer evening...you won't be stuck in the kitchen.
The garlic and the pepper round out the flavor and you have a meal your family will love.
Basil Spaghetti with Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes
Adapted from Real Simple
12 ounces spaghetti
3 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), each cut into 4 thick slices
3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
Kosher salt and black pepper
8 ounces mozzarella, grated
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves & more for serving.
Heat broiler. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the slices with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
In a small saucepan, warm the oil with the garlic and red pepper over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the garlic oil, basil, salt and pepper to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve topped with tomatoes, additional basil and more Parmesan.
Simple and delicious.
One Year Ago: Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Lemon Glaze and Crushed Blueberry Sauce
Three Years Ago: Chicken, Nectarine and Red Onion Kebabs
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- What's nice about Christmas is that we all go through it together. @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/fPtMou2EEW, 21 hours ago
- All I need is Eggnog...making that happen today. @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/c43KGMBNs7, 23 hours ago
- RT @WolfGourmet: Treat yourself to the best one pot chicken and rice from @noblepig https://t.co/woG52dmIj3 https://t.co/1Dv2dqxnZi, 24 hours ago
- Snow fun tonight. @ Middle of Nowhere https://t.co/7sOcdgR7uH, Dec 6
- You need Reese's Fudge https://t.co/PAOeVxKmGD via @Dinnersdishes https://t.co/6ENIrKk4ps, Dec 5