I am always amazed at how a few simple ingredients come together to make a flavorful meal. Who needs red sauce when you have whole tomatoes covered in blistering cheese...yum.
This meal is perfect for a simple Spring or Summer evening...you won't be stuck in the kitchen.
The garlic and the pepper round out the flavor and you have a meal your family will love.
Basil Spaghetti with Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes
Adapted from Real Simple
12 ounces spaghetti
3 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), each cut into 4 thick slices
3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
Kosher salt and black pepper
8 ounces mozzarella, grated
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves & more for serving.
Heat broiler. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the slices with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
In a small saucepan, warm the oil with the garlic and red pepper over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the garlic oil, basil, salt and pepper to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve topped with tomatoes, additional basil and more Parmesan.
Simple and delicious.
One Year Ago: Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Lemon Glaze and Crushed Blueberry Sauce
Three Years Ago: Chicken, Nectarine and Red Onion Kebabs
Noble Pig Beanie Hat$15.00
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Seafood tower!! @ Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak https://t.co/H9i6YW0MJU, 5 hours ago
- When breakfast is bigger than your head. Sage Fried Chicken with fresh spinach, hardwood smoked… https://t.co/OPsZ5RAXdk, 16 hours ago
- How cute are these? Jack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers https://t.co/7OTf0Mqfzz via @CupcakeKaleChip https://t.co/mrPSQyI55S, 18 hours ago
- Heck yes! Cabbage Roll Casserole https://t.co/NxkhvEexBd via @comfortablefood https://t.co/Z3FKfzDBCB, Sep 29
- RT @Dinnersdishes: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites - ready in 15 minutes! From @BarefeetKitchen new cookbook! https://t.co/hAOv4gDWre… https://t.co/YJuN381NE6, Sep 29