Blueberry Cream Muffins

It was finally time to clear the freezer of the last of the blueberries we picked last summer.  What better way to showcase them than in these muffins.

Blueberry picking in Oregon is truly a highlight of the summer.  Early summer is cool and breezy and Oregon blueberries are some of the biggest I've seen.

We are lucky to live so close to many blueberry farms where we can pick bucket loads of blueberries for what seems like pennies on the dollar.

The sour cream in these muffins makes them light and airy.  Raspberries will also work perfectly in these muffins.

Try them out

Blueberry picking!

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss GENTLY.

Combine eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Bake at 400o F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Blueberry Cream Muffins

Makes 24 muffins

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

One Year Ago: Double Chocolate Malt Shop Cupcakes with Cherry-Vanilla Buttercream
Two Years Ago: Some Wine Basics
Three Years Ago: Conversation with a Waitress

1. I love blueberry muffins and these ones look so good…

2. Margaret 2

Hi! Those muffins look so tasty! I live alone though but would love to make them, can you tell me how many the recipe makes so I can scale it down some? Thanks!

3. When I first saw the pictures, I got jealous because for a split second I thought maybe, just maybe, there was someplace in this country that was warm enough for blueberries to grow.

Love blueberry muffins, and I love how you made them with cream.

4. laura 4

yum! blueberry season has already started in southern california…not to make you jealous or anything :). i will have to try this recipe.

5. Darryl in Austin 5

Looks amazing. That sour cream will be perfect for flavor!

6. J3nn 6

I’ve been thinking about blueberry muffins; I have lots of frozen blueberries. They look scrumptious!

7. Iris 7

I just made these today after classes were done. It’s been so gloomy down here in SoCal not only because of the weather but because of the stress ball law students I’m with every day! These muffins brightened up the day! They were delicious and helped produce many a smile!

8. Anne-Marie 8

We made these this afternoon– snowed in with a freezer full of blueberries and I wanted to try something different. Delicious!

9. These look and sound delicious!