Well I'm back! Not that I went anywhere, I have just been busy, busy. Between the release of our wine, wine events, summer in general, vineyard work and my Mom coming to visit, it has been a whirlwind of a month.
Luckily, it has been beautiful in Oregon this summer with a menagerie of weather patterns to keep us guessing whether to wear shorts, pants or sweaters. The constant uncertainty just keeps it exciting.
The beautiful tarts are based on a Weight Watchers recipe but of course this adaptation was not "diet-like" whatsoever. Maybe this is why they were so delicious!!
Give these a try at your next meal, you will love them.
Individual Artichoke Tarts
- olive oil
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 7 oz canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb bacon, fried crispy and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 16 hole miniature muffin pan with olive oil.
- Gently press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin hole, allowing ends to extend above cups. Coat edges of wrappers with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine cheeses, cayenne pepper and mustard; mix well. Stir in red pepper and artichoke hearts and evenly spoon the cheese mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake until cheese mixture is set and edges of wrappers are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and bacon and serve.
We found these tarts to pair deliciously with our Noble Pig Pinot Noir as the acidity of the wine cut right through the fat in this recipe making these tarts a real foodie treat.