No frying required, bite-sized and incredibly easy to prepare...need I say more, except you should really think about making these soon...they are so yummy.
Last Sunday my friend brought over her incredible crab cakes to my son's birthday brunch. I haven't been able to stop thinking about crab since. As I was searching my freezer, I came across some Dungeness and proceeded to do a little dance around the kitchen; crab cakes were in my near future.
I wanted to try a recipe I hadn't made before and came across this one from Bon Appetit. These are truly the perfect little passing hor'dourves, coming together almost effortlessly. The addition of orange and lemon zest gave them a nice burst of citrus flavor. However, the crunchy outside against the creamy inside is really what knocked these out of the park.
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg; beat to blend. Beat in sour cream, citrus zest, 4 teaspoons chopped chives, coarse salt and cayenne pepper. Fold in crabmeat. (This can be made one day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Toss 1-1/2 cups panko, 3/4 cup Parmesan and 4 Tablespoons chopped chives in a bowl. Drizzle melted butter over, tossing with a fork until evenly moistened. Press 1 rounded Tablespoon panko mixture into bottom of each muffin cup (makes a well with your thumb), forming crust. Spoon 1 generous Tablespoon crab mixture into each cup. Sprinkle more panko mixture over each.
Bake crab cakes in a 350 degree oven until golden on top and set, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Gently lift each crab cake out of the pan with a fork onto a serving platter. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Arrange on baking sheet, let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in a 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.)
Arrange crab cakes on a serving platter; sprinkle with chives.
Mini Crab Cakes
One Year Ago: Ashes, Ashes We All Fall Down
Two Year Ago: Well-Witchin' the Vineyard
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Beautiful #Summer Berry #Cheesecake Salad https://t.co/OuXPjVcs54 via @Slow_Roasted https://t.co/wAQgixKtcJ, 3 hours ago
- Beautiful #Summer Berry #Cheesecake Salad https://t.co/eIzzEJ27ID via @Slow_Roasted, 3 hours ago
- Delicious! Easy Cheesy #Zucchini Bake https://t.co/GqR0dNW0Ir via @KalynsKitchen https://t.co/nsFRebNGFX, Jun 30
- 20 Meat-Loving #Barbecue Sauces https://t.co/obipSKJE6e It will be hard to choose! https://t.co/MZmnW4aEYQ, Jun 30
- RT @RecipeGirl: Sharing a review of this >> awesome hotel in #SanFrancisco Union Square area: @HotelZelos https://t.co/NmgZRxLODK https://t.co/XXKFwVTg3W, Jun 29