I have no problem admitting laziness and apathy sometimes takes over in the kitchen. There are goodies I long to eat but don't have the time or energy to make them. Sad but true.
Being an admitted nut-a-holic, I often crave desserts laden with nuts of any kind. I'm not picky.
Baklava has always been one of my weaknesses and a labor of love for me. Always worth making and eating.
But as life is busier than ever, you better believe I jumped for joy when I came across this recipe for The Lazy Cook's Baklava. Well, that's not what the magazine called it but, Baklava Cups, just didn't do it for me. I wanted to celebrate my find of a super-quick, easy and absolutely yummy, lazy girl treat.
This recipe will give you Baklava taste in less than 30 minutes. These are also great for a dessert buffet where hundreds of little bite-sized treats are needed.
So delicious, easy, yummy and for the lazy. You will love them, but you must love nuts too.
Since I found this recipe in a magazine, I'm sending it over to Cream Puffs in Venice for Magazine Mondays. This is an event I just discovered. The premise is, if you made it from a magazine, send it over. Since, that happens weekly over here, I've decided to join the fun. You should too.
Let's make these up, they'll be ready in minutes...
Here's all you will need: Frozen mini fillo shells, honey, pistachios, almonds and cashews. Ingredients not shown: Water.
Chop pistachios, cashews and almonds until you have a 1/3 cup of each. Combine into one mixture. Fill shells with nuts and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or until shells are lightly browned.
Mix 1/4 cup honey with 1 teaspoon water. Remove the cups from the oven and spoon in honey mixture (really fill them up).
Serve warm or at room temperature.
This is easy enough for the kids to handle in the kitchen while you work on dinner. Even if they do not like nuts, they love to just be involved in the meal preparation. Mine always do.
Little bites of heaven...if you like this sort of thing.
The Lazy Cook's Baklava
One Year Ago: It's A Man's World...I Guess
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- I want them all! Chocolate Peanut Butter #Cookies https://t.co/oFv3h7LvU9 via @Buns_In_My_Oven https://t.co/5OpgMOc1Vb, 3 hours ago
- Why does the power only go out when it's dark? @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/ufNz3KBWiq, 14 hours ago
- Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies https://t.co/hkE31T5x64 #NationalBrownieDay https://t.co/TF4frt92wr, 17 hours ago
- #snowmageddon2016 in #Mcminnville #oregon. We love our red barns out here. https://t.co/zMG6ruNhDr, 18 hours ago
- Lots of snow in #McMinnville today. #snowmageddon2016 #oregon https://t.co/IC9NGGTd1l, 18 hours ago