Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dip

Children love this.  Teenagers love it even more.

Men really love this.

Men, screaming at a football game, while drinking beer, especially love this.

I love this.  So I guess women love it too.

Let's face it, Superbowl Sunday is approaching with record speed.  You know, the Superbowl, the day all your New Year's diet resolutions are left in the dust.

You need to set this Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dip right next to the buffalo wings and watch it disappear.  I'm warning you, it's addicting.

The best part, it's ready in minutes.  No rocket science here, just a fun and yummy dip that will make your Superbowl Party the hottest ticket in town.  It will.  Really, it will.

Let's make this...

Here's what you will need:  Pepperoni, sliced olives, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, dried oregano leaves, butter, refrigerated breadstick dough and parsley.  Ingredients not shown: Green onions.

In a heavy pot, over medium heat, combine pepperoni, sliced olives,  green onions, oregano and pizza sauce.  Cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.

Add cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.  Stir until melted and mixture is well combined.  Turn heat to low while preparing the breadsticks. Stir occasionally.

Remove breadsticks from the tube and cook according to package directions.  If you are really fancy, clever and an over-achiever, you could make these from scratch.

Trust me, this dip will be far more popular than the half-time show.

I hope you have enough for everyone.

Excuse me while I take another bite...

Print Recipe

• 1-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (8 oz) package refrigerated breadstick dough
  • 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
  • 2 teaspoons minced parsley

Directions

• In a heavy pot, over medium heat, combine pepperoni, sliced olives, green onions, oregano and pizza sauce. Cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
  • Add cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Stir until melted and mixture is well combined. Turn heat to low while preparing the breadsticks. Stir occasionally.
  • Remove breadsticks from tube and cook according to package directions. If you are really fancy, clever and an over-achiever, you could make these from scratch.
  • When breadsticks are finished baking, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley.
  • Serve warm.

1. I am not too sure about any enthusiasm about the Super Bowl, the Seattle Seahawks did not fare so well this year, but hey, the recipe for good snack food looks so yummy I will make it. In fact, I am printing it up while I comment. I think I will make it for the next potluck in our home, this Saturday…and there will be NO football on, just lots of food and good company. Thanks again!

2. Superbowl? Do they still do that? I am so blessed to be married to a non-sports-guy. He is heavily into his latest project designing some micro-spectrometor-something-or-other while I contemplate writing the Great American Novel ~~ bliss in our wintertime home. So I doubt this recipe is for me. : D

Catchy title! This one looks like a real winner for sure. The photos help so much because we can see just how the finished product is supposed to look. Thanks a million for this one!

Enough for everyone?
    No way.
    I want to be alone with the cheesy pepperoni dip.

5. Leslie 5

pizza in a bowl??? COuld it get any better than that????

6. Yes, I am quite sure that we would all devour that! Yum.

And I just love the last photo!

7. Kari 7

This sounds so yummy! I will definitely have to try this to take along to our next sports get-together. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

8. This sounds great. The kids and I would love it. My husband doeasn’t like pizza or pizza realted items.
    At our house, when he goes out of town, the kids dance around singing we get pizza! Pizza pizza pizza

9. That dip just looks perfect. I have to try that. I like that the breadsticks come out of a tube. I am not ambitious enough to make my own breadsticks!!!

10. Wow looks really delicious! Nice presentation.

11. nina 11

I am no over-achiever, but I have never seen breadsticks in a tin around here, so I have to make them from scratch…..Lovely post and I can imagine the taste sensation…

12. The Pillsbury Doughboy and I…we go way back. I mean way back. I think there’s a chance we could even be related, I mean heck, there certainly is that rotund resemblance!

These look like something even I could pull off! And oh, the dip looks sooooo good!

13. Mmm! I can tell just by looking at it that it’s addictive!!

14. I think that can go right next to my super bowl meatballs!

15. Lisa 15

Great dip! I might try this for the superbowl.

16. Ho-lee cow. I’m such a dip whore as it is and this one looks insanely good. I’m so going to make this if we have a Super Bowl party. It looks so good!

17. I love this Kathy! The dip, the sticks, pass me the bowl and a bunch of sticks and I’m a happy creature!

18. Rachel 18

I think I fall a bit more in love with you daily 😉

19. Tallie 19

OH MY GOD!!! That looks absolutely heavenly! I will definitely make that for Super Bowl Sunday. Heck I’m making it this Sunday to munch on while I watch my San Diego Chargers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. Thanks Cathy!

20. It’s only 9:22 in the morning and I want to eat that right now!! We don’t have Superbowl parties…I might have to make an excuse to make this!

21. Mary 21

This looks insanely good. You have the knack, girl. This will make me very, very happy.

22. Oh dear. If The Spousal Unit gets a hold of this I fear the consequences! I don’t think he’s cried since our daughters wedding, but this dip might do it!

23. Oh my gosh, who wouldn’t love this! I would happily sit through a football game if I could munch on something this good.

Geeez Cathy! That is the dip of all dips! I know that dangerous dip would not last an hour in my house.
    You are so clever!!!

25. Allison 25

Oh the joy of this dish plus football, together on one tasty winter day. It would be glorious! Thank you for sharing!

26. The text loaded before the photo and it was pretty funny watching me stare at the text going, “What is she talking about? What does everyone love? Is this going to be slightly off-color?

I love just about anything with pepperoni. My love of pepperoni is infamous in my family.

27. Your blog and mine are bad for each-other’s thighs :)

Have a good Thursday, Cathy ! I’m off to Disneyland with a date…

Did you order any of the free chocolates on my blog ? Or just look at them and drool ? (hee-hee)

28. tipper 28

Yum who wouldn’t love that dip!

29. I am going to do a SWAN DIVE in there.

30. Oh, I am salivating – drooling right onto my keyboard! I’m not sure I’m going to wait for the superbowl to try this – it sounds like a great weekend food. And the weekend just happens to be right around the corner:)

31. Mmm pepperoni! I make a dip like this but it only has 3 ingredients. I will have give yours a try too. Yup it is time for some football! Eh I’ll just read!

You know the guys will gripe about the green crap on their perfectly good bread sticks. I make them from scratch, because it’s a good project for the little boys. Keeps them occupied while waiting for the game to start. Of course, since we’re on the east coast, that’s 3 more hours than you have to entertain the hooligans!

33. ELRA 33

Couldn’t be more perfect for superbowl! Delicious, Cathy.
    Cheers,
    Elra

Well I’m not really into football, but I can get behind that dip! It looks wicked good. :)

35. imom 35

Fast, easy and unbelievably delicious?! I’m all over this one!I will try making it with non-dairy cheeses, I bet it will still taste as good!

36. Katrina 36

Wow, that does look good and I especially think my house full of boys would really like it.

My pepperoni loving children and husband would really enjoy this dip. I may just have to make this for them.

38. TexasTech 38

i usually make “man-dip” for my boyfriend and his friends to eat at super bowl parties. im going to add this one to the menu this year. i think they will really like it a lot!

Why wait until Super Bowl? This looks like the perfect lunch for me today.

40. Cheryl 40

Until now, the only thing I was looking forward to about the Superbowl was that a friend hosts a fun party, and that Bruce Springsteen is singing at half time….now it’s a trifecta! 😉

Yummy!

41. KAYOLA 41

Well…I have three sons and two son in laws…they all stand taller than 6 feet and ♥ to eat!!!! This looks like a hit!

42. Suzette 42

That looks amazing! I always watch the Superbowl, even when I don’t keep up with the standings leading up to it. This may very well be the focal point of the coffee table!!! Another winner, for sure.

43. You take gorgeous photos!

44. I love this!

let’s be honest–the only way i can get through football games is by pigging out on all the good food. this certainly qualifies as good food. bring on the big men in tight clothes!

46. Rosa 46

Wow, that looks hyper scrumptious! A delightful recipe!

Cheers,

Rosa

47. Julie 47

I’ll take some of that right now please…sans olives.

48. Linda 48

You would think I would have learned by now to not visit your site when I’m hungry. I’m drooling all over the computer now. I’m thinking I really need to try making this before the Super Bowl … you know, just to test it out.

49. Dee 49

You’re bad! This is going to break several resolutions at once.

Mmmmm. Help me, Rhonda.

51. pizza on a stick!

52. Donalyn 52

oh my – now doesn’t that look yummy?

Oh I could be so bad with that, it looks so freaking good!!

54. Karly 54

Oh my holy heck! My husband and son would LOOOOOOVE that. And, yeah, okay, so would I.

55. Laurie 55

Oh my that looks good! And since I will have men, women and teenagers here for the superbowl, I think this is a must try recipe.

I don’t watch football with my crazy football fanatic family, but I do love the food so it all works out to a great event – I cook in the kitchen and they eat and shout in the living room.

56. Kevin 56

That pepperoni dip sounds great! The bread sticks would be perfect for dipping into it.

57. mikky 57

Wow!!! this is amazing… any recipe for breadsticks? :)

58. snowmoonelk 58

Looks divine but my husband is a vegetarian – do you have any suggestions (other than trade him in!)as to pepperoni substitutes? Thanks.

/ t

59. Marlene 59

I can actually eat the first one and can make it to take to a Daytona Party we are going to in Mid Feb…

I am so excited about this recipe.

I know diets are insane but I HAVE to lose all this extra weight…it has gotten critical…I was just having a bad evening, but feel better this morning.

Love you,

Marlene

60. Sean 60

Nice recipe, thank you. Some of us make our own breadsticks (and stock, bread, stuffing, salsa, etc. (and boy do I mean etc.)) Not because we are over-achievers but because of where we live. Yeah, yeah, it is character building.

61. fred 61

This recipe looks great however i don’t think that i will be using bread sticks as these will only encourage “double Dipping” maybe pita bites or something similar. but the Dip looks great

62. FelixC 62

Do you serve it hot, cold or room temp? Very interested in trying it, but I want to serve it properly.

63. Katrine 63

I need to make this. I really need to make this. Yummy!

64. This looks amazing!! It looks like the perfect snack to serve before a dinner get-together!! Thanks for the post, I will sure be using this recipe!

65. Karly 65

Just had to tell you that I made this for lunch today (yeah, dip for lunch, so what?) and it was AWESOME. We left out the black olives and green onions, since I have a bunch of picky eaters and it was still great!

66. Melissa 66

This is a must make for Steve and his best friend. Without the olives, cause he’d kill me.

67. Cathy 67

Serve hot/warm.

68. Dragon 68

I’m not much of a football fan but I’d watch a game to share in some of this dip. :)

69. I’ve already been requested to bring something to the Super Bowl party we’re attending, but I can’t imagine anyone protesting if I brought this one as well to try out on them. 😉 Just trying to figure out what to use instead of the breadsticks since I am gluten free. Hmmm, I’m sure I’ll come up with something worthy.
    Shirley

70. monjon 70

Who knew? I’m an old, Irish guy and apparently I love Jewish men too…at least the Ben and Jerrys of the world. Wow – the things you can learn about yourself on the internet…

71. John 71

Looks Great!

Okay, here I have to bow to the Queen of Food Blogdom! This is sheer, simple genius! You totally rock! And yes, I’m going to serve this on Superbowl Sunday! The funny thing is that the hubby used to hate black olives but has come around nicely over the past 31 years, lol. All of a sudden, he loves them. I think it might have been the Chicken Spaghetti I made. But, he’s a man… so, who knows?

73. giz 73

Cheesy pepperoni pizza dip – I have this really awful vision of me grabbing this bowl, hiding in a corner and just not sharing. Who says I have to play nice?

74. Just what I needed, another reason to make a dip. This I will have to try.

75. Emily 75

Well, if you’re ambitious, you can *make* the pepperoni. 😛 There’s a recipe i keep meaning to try at fatfreevegan that looks awesome (just search). And if you’re lucky enough to live near a winco foods, you can get gluten in bulk really cheap. I also think Yves might have faux pepperoni, but I’m not sure.

This looks delicious.

76. snowmoonelk 76

Thank you Emily – I have just visited that website and it’s really interesting!

77. monjon 77

Now, Giz. Didn’t you know that during football season that the sort of behavior you are espousing can get you an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Maybe even a spanking… bad Giz…

78. Whooee!! I take a few days off from checking the interweb and you’ve got a ton of delicious looking beer-amenable foods up!! I used to make a fondue that was similar to this (pizza fondue? Why not?!) and it was a total finger licker, which makes me totally want to make this dip. Soon. Why wait until Superbowl?

79. KRISTEN 79

YUM! MY FAMILY OWNS TAYLOR’S SAUSAGE IN SOUTHERN OREGON SO I WILL GIVE THEM THIS RECIPE. IT WILL BE A HIT FOR SUPER BOWL AND ANY OTHER GATHERING TIME WITH OUR PEPPER SAUSAGE ADDED. SOMETHING OTHER THAN OUR USUAL SPINACH DIP IS WONDERFUL! THANKS!

80. KRISTEN 80

81. stephanie 81

Right because author’s and other people too good for football could never eat something of this nature. Give me a break.

82. Drake 82

Unfortunately a lot of the vegetarian pork substitutes aren’t very good, though I really like the TVP chicken nuggets, or as my husband calls them tofuggets. I’d add some mushrooms though, so it still has a similar meaty mouthfeel.

83. Aimee 83

I made this two nights ago for our couples game night…A HIT! This will be one recipe I pull out for years to come!

I’m sure this works for hockey games too!

85. That looks really good.. I am going to save this..

86. Sara 86

My boyfriend and I decided to make this one night with some pasta and then we decided to put the dip on the pasta! it was soo good! it was a little too thick for pasta sauce so we added a tiny bit of olive oil and it was perfect! we also added some grilled chicken to it. AMAZING! and easy! and it was enough to feed both of us and his 3 roommates!!

87. Wow, this looks fantastic. What a great idea. I’m pretty addicted to cooking from scratch, so I’d probably use homemade pizza sauce and cream cheese and end up ditching the breadsticks altogether. But WOW, this looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!

88. Oooh Cathy,

I love watching football with my hubby and actually, just finished writing a cool post yesterday morning for the NFL Playoffs and what to eat! LOL…

I love “tailgating” food and this is no exception! I think this will be phenomenal and I am probably going to add it to our SuperBowl menu, as I hate to actually order a pizza, and even making a pizza is not exciting enough!

Thanks for this Cathy!

Kimberly Edwards :)

89. LuAnn 89

Are all the recipes like this…pictures, directions AND humor? I’M LOVING IT!

90. This looks delicious. Pizza is such a universal weakness, isn’t it? This will be perfect to snack on for movie night!

91. Sarah 91

I don’t like olives either! So last night I made it sans olives with a little extra cheese (because who doesn’t love extra cheese?) and it was absolutely tasty. The guys in my boyfriends band absolutely loved it. Pizza in a bowl = awesome.

92. Jenn 92

I may just have to try this out next weekend. Thanks for sharing!

93. silvia 93

I love you… and i’ll say it for him right now.. he loves you too..lol

94. Ashley 94

I made this dip for my boy and his friends when out tailgating at a Charity Event this weekend and they love love LOVED it! The only complaint was more breadsticks!

It was so good that we made another batch the next day for a friends birthday party but this time we brought extra breadsticks!

Thank you for a wonderful, easy and fun recipe!

95. Lianne 95

This is PERFECT.
    We’re Steelers fans so this Sunday will involve a huge a party at our house, lots of screaming men and, of course, lots of food. My husband is a self-proclaimed meatatarian so I might replace the onions and olives with bacon and more cheese (you can never go wrong with bacon and cheese) but I’m thrilled to find something so original.

Oh, and I absolutely love the breadsticks instead of crackers or chips.
    Thank you!

96. This looks really good. I love making my own “junk food” and it is especially comforting to have this kind of food for special events like the Superbowl. Last week my partner and I made our own “pub night” – next time I’m going to try this one. So much tastier – and cheaper – than buying ready made dips and chips at the store.

97. Leigh 97

Just checking – do you mean 3 oz cream cheese? Most packages come as 8 oz and you show a lump of cc that looks like more than 3 ounces. I split the difference and the color is about the same… PS: Costco now sells mini pepperoni and this is a perfect recipe for it!

98. Cathy 98

Three ounces is the correct measurement.

99. AnonymousRN 99

Yum!! My honey even approved. I struggle with directions and used 8 oz of cream cheese and it still turned out great in my book. Might try to follow the directions next time… LOL!

100. Marni 100

Yum! I just made this for the game (it’s 30 minutes away), and I’m not sure it will survive until kickoff! I actually made 2 batches, one for my barbarians, and one for my vegetarians. Instead of pepperoni, I added a little crushed pineapple. Sounds odd, I know, but just as yummy if you like pineapple pizza:) Thanks for the recipe!

101. Katie 101

Yum! I made this today, but used shredded chicken (leftovers from last night’s dinner) instead of pepperoni. It was delicious!

102. leslie 102

Okay, I made this.

I used one package of the Boar’s Head pepperoni that has 6 giant pepperoni; I just ripped it up (easier than cutting).

I omitted the olives.

I used 1/4 block of mozz cheese shredded.

I used 1/2 block of cream cheese.

The breadsticks took 16 minutes to bake on a baking stone.

I made 2 tubes of breadsticks but when they were gone; there was a load of dip left. Next time I will definitely make 2 tubes and just cut all the breadsticks in half.

103. Laurel C. 103

My sister and I made this for super bowl. Very Yummy! We actually made 2 different versions as I am a vegetarian. For the vegie one, we added mushrooms and it turned out fabulous. It could be easily tweaked to resemble whatever your fave pizza is

104. Katharine Harrow 104

You are a really great food photographer! Thanks for sharing.

105. ryan 105

Looks yummy. I will add it to my growing collection of stumble recipes.

106. Alexander 106

I agree! This looks ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, and if you’re above this, well… more pepperonis in the world for me!

107. Anthony 107

great site 4 a foodie but i wish that u would add apps to upload to sites like facebook and i think it would increase ur traffic also!
    L8er

108. male 108

109. Phil 109

I wonder what these la-di-dah bigots do? Look up the word, hopefully you are a bigot too. Got to stand for something.

110. my holy heck! My husband and son would LOOOOOOVE that. And, yeah, okay, so would I.

111. People deserve good life time and home loans or commercial loan will make it better. Just because freedom relies on money state.

112. I will recommend not to hold off until you get enough cash to buy all you need! You can just take the mortgage loans or just college loan and feel yourself fine

113. sheshe 113

This looks soooooo good!! I have been on the hunt for game night recipes and this is a MUST on my menu!!! Thank you!!!!!

114. Jennifer 114

This sounds sooo good! I’m going to make this for the next pot luck!

115. evangeline 115

Thanks for the recipe it looks great…stupid question but did you use unsalted butter? :)