Topped with fresh, juicy blueberries and blueberry sauce, these mini blueberry cheesecakes are ready to make an appearance at all your summer gatherings. This simple recipe is easy to pack up and take to every barbecue this season.
Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
Who needs a whole cheesecake when you can have these adorable mini blueberry treats? It’s portion control with a side of bliss. These mini blueberry cheesecakes are proof that good things come in small, delicious packages.
When it comes to tangy creaminess and fruity joy, these mini cheesecakes have it all in one petite package. The blueberry sauce topping, in addition to the fresh blueberries on top are what really sets these minis apart; that delicate ratio of velvety cheesecake to luscious blueberry topping has been well tested here and it shows in every bite.
Every bite is like a tiny love letter from your taste buds to your heart. Prepare to be smitten!”
Reasons I Love Serving the Mini Version of Desserts
- Portion Control: Allows for guilt-free indulgence in smaller servings
- Variety: Offers everyone the opportunity to sample and enjoy a range of flavors
- Aesthetics: Visually appealing worthy presentation on a dessert table
- Customization: Easy to personalize with different flavor combinations, toppings, and decorations
- Convenience: Easy to serve, prepare in advance, and portable for events
- Versatility: Easily adaptable to different dietary preferences or restrictions
- Novelty and Fun: Evokes a sense of playfulness and enjoyment (my favorite reason)
- Social Sharing: Encourages sharing and creates a communal dessert experience
Storage and Make-Ahead Instructions
Once you’ve made your mini blueberry cheesecakes, follow these guidelines to help you keep them fresh and delicious:
- Refrigeration: Mini blueberry cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator. Place them in an airtight container or cover them tightly with plastic wrap. They will remain fresh for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezing: If you want to make these cheesecakes ahead of time or have leftovers to save for later, freezing is a great option.
- Follow these steps for freezing:a. Allow the cheesecakes to cool completely before freezing. b. Place each mini cheesecake in a freezer-safe container or wrap them individually in plastic wrap. c. If stacking them, separate the layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking. d. Label the container or wrap with the date to keep track of freshness.The mini blueberry cheesecakes can be frozen for up to 2-3 months without sacrificing taste or texture.
- Thawing: When you’re ready to enjoy your frozen mini blueberry cheesecakes, follow these steps for thawing:a. Remove the desired number of mini cheesecakes from the freezer. b. Place them in the refrigerator and let them thaw slowly overnight. c. Once fully thawed, you can serve them chilled or let them come to room temperature before serving.
- Make-Ahead Option: If you want to prepare the mini blueberry cheesecakes in advance, you have a couple of options:a. Make the cheesecake filling and blueberry topping ahead of time. Store them separately in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. When you’re ready to serve, assemble the mini cheesecakes by adding the topping to the chilled crusts.b. Another option is to fully assemble the mini cheesecakes, including the crust, filling, and topping. Place them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 24 hours before serving. This option saves you time on the day you plan to serve them.
Remember to adjust the serving temperature as desired. Some prefer mini blueberry cheesecakes chilled, while others enjoy them at room temperature. Either way, these storage and make-ahead instructions will help you plan and enjoy these treats whenever the craving strikes.
FAQ About Making Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Can I make mini blueberry cheesecakes in advance? Absolutely! Mini blueberry cheesecakes can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 2-3 days before serving. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.
- Can I substitute cream cheese with a different ingredient? Cream cheese is a key ingredient in cheesecake and provides its signature creamy texture. While there are some alternative options available, such as ricotta cheese or Greek yogurt, they will result in a different texture and flavor profile. It’s best to use cream cheese if you’re looking for that authentic cheesecake taste.
- Can I use a different type of crust for mini blueberry cheesecakes? Yes, feel free to experiment with different crusts to suit your preferences. Graham cracker crusts are a popular choice, but you can also use crushed cookies (like Oreos or gingersnaps) or even pastry crusts for a unique twist.
- Can I use a different fruit instead of blueberries? Absolutely! While blueberries are a classic choice, you can experiment with other fruits like strawberries, raspberries, or even a combination of different berries for a unique twist on the mini cheesecakes.
- Can I use a different sweetener instead of sugar in the cheesecake filling? Yes, you can use alternative sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or a sugar substitute. However, note that this may affect the texture and taste of the cheesecake, so adjustments may be needed. It’s always best to follow a trusted recipe for desired results.
- Can I make these in a jumbo muffin tin for a larger size? Yes! This recipe fits perfectly in a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin pan. You will need to increase the baking time.
More Cheesecake Recipes for the Enthusiast
Cheesecake recipes are like a delicious puzzles waiting to be solved. Get ready to piece together the perfect dessert masterpiece with these delicious recipes.
- Be ready to be blown away by the incredible smoothness of this Rolo no-bake cheesecake.
- A no-churn pineapple cheesecake ice cream that needs to be in your freezer at all times.
- This mini white chocolate raspberry cheesecake is one of the best bites you’ll enjoy this season.
- Strawberry cheesecake bars no bake are so simple to make and make a great potluck dessert.
- Always start the day with a strawberry-banana cheesecake smoothie.
- Cheesecake that tastes like your favorite cinnamon roll, this cinnamon swirl cheesecake is amazing!
- Strawberry crunch cheesecake bars when you’re looking for something fun and delicious to serve.
Bite-Sized Bursts of Happiness
These mini blueberry cheesecakes have been known to cause uncontrollable smiles and bursts of culinary joy, so when you give in and make a batch, snap a photo and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM. Your dessert table deserves nothing less.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
Blueberry Sauce Topping:
- 9 full sheets of graham crackers
- 2 tbsps. granulated sugar
- 3 tbsps. butter, melted
- fresh blueberries
- whipped cream (optional)
Blueberry Sauce Topping:
- Combine blueberries, sugar and fruit nectar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook for 10 minutes, stirring often and crushing berries with the back of a large fork. Cook down until it has thickened. Only if the sauce is too thin, make a slurry of cornstarch and water in a separate bowl and pour into the blueberry sauce, letting it cook another couple of minutes to thicken.2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 5 tbsps. peach fruit nectar (or any flavor), 1 tbsp. cornstarch (optional), 1 tbsp. water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F . Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers to fine crumbs. Add sugar and melted butter and pulse until fully combined. Divide mixture evenly among muffin tins.9 full sheets of graham crackers, 2 tbsps. granulated sugar, 3 tbsps. butter, melted
- Press down crusts firmly, using a small glass or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Mix in eggs, flour, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Continue beating at low speed, scraping the bowl until fully combined.2 large eggs, room temperature, 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsps. lemon zest, 3 tbsps. lemon juice
- Divide cheesecake filling evenly among muffin cups. Bake mini cheesecakes for 18-22 minutes. (Centers will jiggle a little, but edges should be set.)
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer to fridge and chill for at least an hour. (The centers will sink slightly, but blueberry sauce will fill in the depressions.)
- Remove from the refrigerator and divide blueberry sauce evenly onto each mini cheesecake. Garnish with fresh blueberries and whipped cream.fresh blueberries, whipped cream (optional)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.