I love when lemon and blueberry come together in a dessert worth sharing. In many cases the lemon-blueberry combo are the perfect pairing, uniting together like chocolate and vanilla, in a blissful culinary concoction. Lemon simultaneously brings out the flavor of the berry, while cutting back on the taste of the sugar.
This Lemon-Blueberry Pie comes with the bonus of being "no bake", which is so nice for summer (or anytime really). Blueberries are not as popular in no bake recipes and I have no idea why. They are such a nice textural change in a creamy pie filling. I was a little worried the blueberries would all sink to the bottom, but as you can see, they did remain suspended.
I have made many lemon-blueberry recipes over the years, but I think this might be one of my favorites. It might even beat my favorite Lemon and Blueberry Pancakes, but the jury is still out on that decision. This light and airy pie is a nice treat after a big barbecue meal and won't leave you feeling stuffed. Another bonus.
Let me know how much you love it when you serve it at your next gathering.
No Bake Creamy Lemon-Blueberry Pie
For the crust:
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 (3 oz) package lemon Jell-o
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6-7 ice cubes
- 1 (8 oz) conatiner Cool Whip Topping, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons yellow food coloring (optional)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until fully incorporated. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" springform pan. Place in the refrigerator for two hours to set.
- In a large bowl pour boiling water over lemon gelatin and stir until it has completely dissolved. Add cold water and stir in ice cubes until they are melted. The mixture will thicken slightly, but not much. Stir in Cool Whip and food coloring (if you want a yellow-colored pie). Fold in blueberries. Place in the refrigerator for an hour for the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Pour thickened Jell-o mixture on top of pie crust. Cover and let the pie set overnight in the coldest part of your refrigerator. If you want really clean slices, place in the freezer for 15 minutes right before cutting. Top each slice with Cool Whip if you choose.
- It is not necessary to add food coloring if you are not concerned about the color of this pie. Once the Cool Whip is stirred in, the yellow colored gelatin is overcome by the creamy white of the Cool Whip. The food coloring does not change the taste and helps only with identifying the flavor of the pie. It's your choice whether you use it or not.
- This pie is not overly sweet, but you do want sweet blueberries. For best results, purchase several tubs of blueberries and pick out the ripest ones to use in this dessert.
Other Lemon-Blueberry Desserts You Might Enjoy:
Blueberry Vanilla Bread with Lemon Glaze ~ Julia's Album
Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls ~ The Pioneer Woman
Lemon Blueberry Bars ~ Two Peas and Their Pod
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake ~ Simply Recipes
Lemon-Blueberry Cupcakes ~ Table for Two
20 More No-Bake Icebox Desserts You Will Love!