Mornings can be mayhem for many moms – especially during back to school time. And it is no different for me. The school bus arrives at 7 AM around here, which means the kids have to get up early. Do you know how hard it is to get a high schooler up early? Well, yes, some of you know.
So when he wakes up with 15 minutes to spare, I need quick breakfast options that are simple to put together and that the kids are willing to eat. These little breakfast wraps satisfy both requirements and are ready to serve very quickly. My kids have been gobbling them up this past week as I've been trying out back-to-school breakfast options.
Thank goodness Johnsonville is helping moms ‘hack’ morning time starting with this new (faster) approach to cooking a real, protein-packed breakfast – new fully cooked breakfast sausage. Just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds and they are ready to eat. Three new varieties include Original breakfast sausage, Vermont Maple Syrup and Turkey breakfast links.
These sausages are making their nationwide debut during the month of September and I encourage you to give them a try, they are a delicious way to start the morning, kids and adults alike.
Did you know that nearly half of moms (40%) say that mornings can be so chaotic that everyone in the family needs to fend for themselves for breakfast. And what many don’t realize is that powering up with protein as part of a balanced breakfast can help you feel full for longer.
Breakfast Sausage Wraps
- 6 flour tortillas (taco size), cut in half
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (9.6 oz) Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage ~ original recipe
- Sprinkle cheese over tortilla halves evenly. Place sausage link at one end of the tortilla and roll it up. Repeat with the rest of the sausage and tortillas.
- Place in the microwave and cook, allowing 30 seconds for every two sausage wraps, for example, if you make only four wraps, microwave on high power for 1 minute.
Four Years Ago: Individual Artichoke Tarts
Disclosure: I have a working relationship with Johnsonville and create recipes using their products. However, all opinions are 100% my own.