Nothing beats a melty grilled cheese sandwich. Even in the summertime I find myself craving this type of warm comfort food. The best part about grilled cheese is its versatility. The ingredient possibilities are endless.
And let’s just say I was craving a more “grown up” grilled cheese version this time around; something complex, delicious and satisfying during these last few days of summer rain storms. I definitely hit my mark becuase this sandwich was exactly what I had been imagining.
I fried up a ham steak, those individually packed ones you find in the meat section of the grocery store. And then it was off to search the cheese drawer, where I found some brie and blue cheese slices. The peach jam was a no-brainer with these flavors.
I covered one side of the bread with brie, the other with blue cheese and jam. I cannot even tell you how delicious this tasted. Promise me you’ll try it.
Let me know how much you love this…
Melty Ham, Brie and Peach Grilled Cheese
- sourdough bread
- brie cheese, sliced
- blue cheese, crumbles or slices
- peach preserves
- ham steak, fried
- Butter outside slices of sourdough bread. Line one side of the bread with sliced brie. Spread peach preserves on the other side and sprinkle blue cheese over the top. Place already prepared ham steak on top of the brie and place other side of the sandwich on top. Brown one side of sandwich over medium-low heat in a pan with some melted butter. Flip sandwich and do the same on other side. Slice in half and serve immediately.
- ~ I did not list quantity of ingredients for this recipe since the amount will vary widely depending on the size of your bread and how many you want to make.
- Two Years Ago: Zucchini-Shallot-Roasted Red Pepper Pie
- Four Years Ago: Chocolate Mint Apple Fondue