I love taking a dish like my Perfect Brunch Eggs and making it kid friendly. I mean the kids liked them as is, but how fun are these Pepperoni Pizza Baked Eggs? I think they resemble little spaceships. If my boys were still little, I’m sure I would have planned a whole UFO party around these cute little eggs. I still might.
Anyway, I love how these turned out. And they are super fun to look at and eat, not to mention they taste delicious. I hope I can now convince you to get a whoopie pie pan (which I used to make these eggs). They are so useful for so many things.
Placing a bit of whole milk mozzarella in the bottom of the pan adds a mild, cheesy taste to the eggs. It bakes right in, making for a nice cheesy bite. It’s not shown here, but make a depression in the middle of the cheese so the egg yolk stays right in the middle while baking.
Add little pieces of pepperoni around the egg, five or six slices will do.
I covered my sliced English muffins with Parmesan cheese….
and toasted them in the toaster oven until the cheese melted to a golden brown hue.
Here’s what the eggs look like right out of the oven. Total cuteness.
I’m sure your kids will love them as much as mine did….adults will too.
Pepperoni Pizza Baked Eggs
- cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 12 large eggs
- mini sliced pepperoni (I like Hormel)
- 6 sliced in half English muffins
- 3 cups finely shredded Parmesan
- 3 cups pizza sauce
- basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray whoopie pie pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella into each well of the pan. Make a small depression in the middle of the cheese so the egg will stay in the middle. Carefully crack your egg into a small bowl, then pour one into each well of the pan. Place 5-6 slices of mini pepperoni around the yolk of the egg.
- Without spilling any of the egg, carefully place the pan into the oven, cooking for 12-15 minutes. It is up to you to decide how long to cook and how runny your egg yolk will be.
- Meanwhile, cover each slice of English muffin with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Toast cheese topped muffins in a toaster oven or regular oven until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- To build the "pizza", place a dollop of sauce on plate and top with cheesy baked muffin. Add more sauce and top with a baked egg. Garnish with basil if desired.
Still looks like a spaceship to me. I love that. Maybe instead of the UFO party I’ll do The Jetson’s, what do you think?
Five Years Ago: Apple Spice Bars
Six Years Ago: Million Dollar Prize Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookie