I hope this inspires you to start your week right! I have a smoothie every day. Sipping on something yummy makes all the morning running around a little more palatable.
I have a crazy week and month ahead, with so many things going on, but smoothies will remain my constant. I used frozen dark sweet cherries for this version, but if you have fresh, just pit them and freeze. In the morning throw the frozen cherries in the blender.
These really reminded me of the cherry milkshakes enjoyed as kids. We would go cherry picking for hours and hours and then settle in with a vanilla ice cream-cherry-topped with whipped cream shake. Doesn’t that sound delicious? I wish calories did not count.
Enjoy a sweet sip!
Sweet Dark Cherry Vanilla Smoothie
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 (6 oz) Black Cherry Greek Yogurt (such as Chobani)
- 1-1/4 cups (cold) vanilla almond milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon xantham gum (optional) makes for a thicker smoothie
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
One Year Ago: Chocolate-Earl Grey Pound Cake
Two Years Ago: The “Big Pig” Sandwich