It has been a busy week around here. Spring brings on so many tasks and projects that weren’t necessary during the cold and rainy months. The vineyard is growing and needs constant attention, the decks need power washing, the garden needs to be planted. It’s never ending…in a good way.
Now that the weather is warmer, it’s nice to start the day with a refreshing smoothie. I absolutely love the flavor of this Coconut-Mango-Carrot Smoothie combination. It’s very “creamsicle” like, but full of yummy ingredients.
I love using this particular coconut drink in my smoothies. It has the coconut flavor but only 70 calories a cup! This is a great way to keep your smoothies from getting too fattening, which is so easy to do. Lite coconut milk is still 50 calories per 2 Tablespoons, which means I only use it sometimes.
You can find this in the same place the almond and soy milks are sold in the grocery store. I wanted to show you a picture of the box so you would know what you are looking for.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) tub Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Coconut Dream coconut drink
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum* (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- *For a thick smoothie, add xantham gum. Xantham gum is often found in the bulk section of your grocery store. I purchase mine from Bob's Red Mill for best quality (also available in many grocery stores).
- Serving size: 2
- Calories: 290 (per serving)
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8
Enjoy this for breakfast, it will put a smile on your face.