Light and healthy this colorful Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley salad is full of vitamins. It is the perfect healthy choice!
Just a quick post to tell you about this amazing recipe.
When I was at the Dole Summit a few weeks ago in Los Angeles, we had this amazing salad. Its colorful palate and great taste had me thinking about recreating it in my kitchen. When I got home I immediately checked a flash drive Dole gave us, hoping the recipe would be there. It was! Isn’t it beautiful?
The Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley salad is full of anthocyanins, vitamin C and fiber. The recipe originally comes from Sharon Palmer, R.D. who wrote The Plant-Powered Diet (it’s full of recipes too). She spoke to us while we were at Dole, mostly about eating a more plant-based diet.
I’m glad I now have this salad to put into rotation at home. However, I really don’t want to share it with anyone. It’s a great side dish or a great main dish if served with some tortillas and soup.
You will want seconds and thirds.
Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley
- One (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (according to package directions)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 smaill jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
For the dressing:
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a mason jar and shake until combined. Place in refrigerator until you are ready to use. Can be made way ahead.
- Mix together all salad ingredients, drizzle dressing over top and toss to combine. Refrigerate until serving time.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.