Really….I needed these around like I needed a hole in my head, but, I couldn’t help it. I have had these little Take Five bars laying around for about a week now…burning a hole in my kitchen apron. Do you know I can only find these little bars at Target, no one else ever carries them. I wonder why?
Anyway, I might have been able to forget about my favorite little bars except yesterday, Leslie reminded me of a recipe Lori made a while back. Darn you Leslie!! Once I saw it, the wheels started turning. Lori had used Dove Caramel Chocolates in her brownies, but I am not a HUGE caramel-gooey fan. I like crunch, especially pretzel crunch with a weensy bit of caramel, peanuts and chocolate. I knew at that moment I had to put the Take Fives in a slab of brownies. Don’t judge me. Lori and Leslie are always tempting me with their mad baking skills, and like yesterday I was weak…and gave in.
Doctoring up cake and brownie mixes has been “big” for a while now. It’s a great way to make something delicious and interesting in a very short period of time. This comes in handy for those of us who don’t always have time to create everything from scratch.
It’s easy to just pop these little bars right into the batter. Of course I used my Magic Pan for a “no edge” brownie. I love that pan!!
I always line my brownie pans and all bar cookies with foil or parchment before pouring the batter inside. It makes it easy to lift them out once they’ve cooled. I also always refrigerate my brownies/bars before cutting them, they slice so much nicer that way.
Take Five Candy Bar Brownies
- 1 Boxed Bownie Mix for a 9 x 13 pan
- 16 Take Five Mini Candy Bars (one bag only has 15...I know)
- Follow directions according to your package brownie mix. I line my brownie pan with foil or parchment, spraying cooking spray under and on top of the foil or parchment.
- Pour enough brownie batter on the bottom of the pan just to cover the bottom. Place Take Five Bars in four rows of four across pan. Cover with remaining brownie batter. Bake according to package directions.
- Cool completely in pan and refrigerate. Slice when ready to serve.
Yum, look at that crunchy middle…swoon!
One Year Ago: Banana-Almond Butter-Coconut Snack
Four Years Ago: Blueberry Coffee Cake