No fancy crust is necessary for this delicious Zucchini-Shallot-Roasted Red Pepper Pie. Just stir it all together and it bakes to perfection. See this recipe MADE ON VIDEO HERE.
I love zucchini. I always have. My mom used to saute it with butter, tomatoes and onions…it was my favorite side dish as a kid. I use it in everything now, from chocolate cake to pizza…it’s a welcome veggie around here.
Now there’s this Zucchini-Shallot-Roasted Red Pepper Pie. There is no fancy crust to make, you are just going to stir the ingredients together and bake. And it’s going to turn out perfect. You’ll see.
This dinner pie is best served right out of the oven, while the crust is crunchy and the inside soft. Even my son LOVED this, I was so glad!
Look at all those veggies just waiting to be made into something fabulous…lucky for them, they were!
This would also be perfect for brunch in replace of quiche…it’s also much easier to make, a guaranteed no fail!
Zucchini-Shallot-Roasted Red Pepper Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk biscuit baking mix (baking aisle)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, oil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in zucchini, red pepper, shallot and baking mix. Pour into a 9" deep-dish greased pie plate. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
When you have time, make sure to check out 25 Zucchini Recipes You Have to Make.
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Mint Apple Fondue