These deliciously grilled Sausage Kabobs served with Pasta are a fun and easy dinner to prepare. They are especially loved by kids.
I am always looking for a unique way to serve pasta and this seemed like a great idea to me! It especially works for my picky-eater, who will be happy with just the pasta in this dish.
Anyway, this is a really fun entertaining dish. And it’s stress-free. Make a big pot of pasta and use your favorite marinara sauce. Then add Italian sausage, mushrooms and green pepper to your skewers, the idea being to mimic the flavors of what you might find in some pasta dishes. I think you could also add cubed pepperoni to make it taste like a combo pizza. I will try that next time.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I used a version of this this BBQ Grill Basket to grill my kabobs. The grill basket made it so easy to turn the kabobs, without the meat and veggies spinning around when it was time to flip them over.
The meat and veggies came out perfect, without any burning. This was the first time I had done kabobs in a basket and I have to say it was a positive experience!
The sausage and veggies come off the skewer easily for everyone to enjoy their meal. The presentation is really fun and is just a new way to enjoy an awesome sausage dish!!
Sausage Kabobs with Pasta
- 1 package Johnsonville Italian Sausage, sliced into 2" pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 2" wedges
- 16 ounces whole button mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil or other high temperature oil
- 1 pound pasta, use any shape noodle
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- Preheat grill. In a bowl, toss green pepper and mushrooms with oil. Thread sausage, green pepper and mushrooms to skewers. (If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes before threading your sausage and vegetables onto them.)
- Place skewers in a grill basket or directly on grill. Turning every few minutes until done; about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and warm up marinara sauce.
- To serve, place pasta on dish adding desired amount of sauce. Place sausage skewer on top. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Two Years Ago: Summertime Orzo and Chicken
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.