Daddies, avert your eyes, because this is what your family will be serving you in bed on Sunday morning (Father’s Day). However, it’s so good, the kids might help you eat it all. And Mom, it’s so easy to make, the kids can take all the credit…they will love that.
A few months ago, I didn’t even know what Biscoff spread was. I kept seeing it everywhere in the blogs and finally I could no longer resist, I just had to try it. Honestly, I wish I hadn’t. It’s so addicting, sweet and good…it can only be described as crack.
My favorite way to eat it….with a spoon. If you are on a diet, I strongly suggest not bringing this into your home. It will call to you, as it does me, from the cupboard with its creepy siren song….ugh. It always wins. I give in. Every. Single. Time.
I already fed this French toast to my husband and after one bite he looked at me and said, “Good grief, this is dangerous.” Yeah, I know. I know. An,oozing, sweet, gooey spread coming out of hot, buttery French toast….we’re truly done for.
Make it anyway! You’ll find Biscoff right next to the peanut butter at your grocery store. You might even like it better than Nutella….gasp!
Biscoff Stuffed French Toast
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
- 8 slices good quality white bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine strawberries with 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar. Whisk eggs, remaining granulated sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread the Biscoff on 4 slices of bread and top with the remaining slices.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture and add to skillet, one or two sandwiches at a time, depending on the size of your skillet. Cook until the sides are golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve the French toast dusted with confectioners' sugar and top with strawberries (and whipped cream if you're crazy).
Two Years Ago: Simple Herbed Ricotta Tart