I am always looking for the perfect treat to go with my morning coffee as well as my afternoon tea. If I’m going to bake something, it might as well do double duty. This bar is the perfect rustic balance of something not too tart or not to sweet. I love the oatmeal in here too. It makes it healthy right?
What’s nice is the creamy filling and how easily it all comes together. I whipped these bars up in the morning and was sipping my Cinnamon-Apple Spice tea with them in the afternoon.
If you are having a bake sale, these are a great item, as they are very sturdy. You’ll sell out! And since this uses dried blueberries, you can make them all year long.
Aren’t these gorgeous?
Blueberry-Lemon Oatmeal Bars
- 4.5 ounces All-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup Quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed Brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/3 cups Dried blueberries (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 large Egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl, stirring well to combine. Drizzle butter and juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Prepare filling by combining blueberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, lemon zest and egg white in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread blueberry mixture over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Two Years Ago: Easy Grape and Rosemary Foccacia
- Three Years Ago: Maple Pan-Roasted Baby Carrots